Travelling Jobs for Women
In the modern age, job opportunities should be the same no matter what gender you identify as. We live in the age of global travel so there are plenty of travelling jobs for women to see the world, whilst enjoying equal rights with their male colleagues.
Workplace Rights for Women
Your workplace rights in the UK dictate that an employer can’t discriminate based on your gender, so the same roles should be available to everyone. This is a great foundation to start with, but there are still some discrepancies when it comes to the gender pay gap.
The gender pay gap is a real issue in many workplaces where women are paid less than men for doing the same job. Finding an inclusive employer increases the chances that you’ll be paid fairly and your rights respected.
Benefits of Travelling Jobs
You get to see the world, experience new cultures, and learn a lot while you are working and getting paid. It isn’t going to all be relaxing on the beach, but if you have the travel bug a job like those mentioned below can be ideal.
Best Travelling Jobs for Women
There are many travelling jobs for women that can give you the opportunity to explore new places and work in a more inclusive environment. Consider these roles:
- Tour guide/operator – this is an ideal job if you want to share your love of travel with others and help them have amazing experiences. You’ll need to be organised, personable and have excellent customer service skills.
- Cruise ship jobs – There are many roles available on cruise ships, from working in a casino to being a tour guide or even a DJ. With most cruises travelling to multiple destinations, you could see the world while working on a cruise ship. The tourism industry also has many travel jobs besides cruise ship roles, too.
- Au pair – this job involves travelling to live with a family in another country and helping to take care of their children. It’s a great opportunity to learn about new cultures and languages while getting paid.
- Teaching English as a foreign language – this is a popular option for women to start working abroad as it’s relatively easy to get started and there is high demand in many countries. You’ll need to be a native English speaker and have a qualification like a TEFL certificate.
- Journalism. If you’re a talented writer with a passion for travelling, this could be the perfect job for you. You’ll get to see lots of different places and write about your experiences.
- Charity work. There are many travelling jobs for women with charities, both paid and unpaid. You could use your skills to help others in a variety of ways, from teaching English to working in a medical role, some charity positions involve frequent travel around the world.
Travelling can be an amazing experience and there are plenty of travelling jobs for women that can give you the opportunity to see the world. These are just a few ideas, and your skills may dictate which roles you apply for.
Finding Travelling Jobs for Women
Our jobs board is a great place to start your search, with regular career opportunities from equal opportunities employers who respect women’s workplace rights and have made a commitment to reduce the gender pay gap.