M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions is currently looking to recruit a Workshop Engineer based in Stevenage.
As a Workshop Engineer, you will be part of the M Group Service Plant & Fleet Solutions Southern Operations Team who are responsible for the supply, service maintenance and repair of a fleet of HGV’s, LCV’s and plant equipment.
M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions provide plant and fleet asset management services across all M Group Services companies, including the provision of over 8,000 vehicles and over 20,000 owned or externally hired plant assets. This service provision extends to providing third party asset management and maintenance scheduling/reporting.
As a Workshop Engineer your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Carry out routine maintenance and repairs to plant and tooling
- Fault diagnose and rectify all types of mechanical faults found
- Ensure Health & Safety and good working practices within the workshop are followed
- Completion of work is via a PDA device to ensure electronic work records
- Carry out minor and major repairs as directed
- Identification and capture of damaged plant at the depot
- Day-to-day communication across plant office, yard and workshop functions
- Ensure that all M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions `Safely, Healthy, Environmental & Quality`(SHEQ) policies and procedures are adhered to, adopting a safe method of working at all times
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- Fully qualified plant technician to NVQ3 or equivalent through a recognised training scheme
- Experience of working on plant and tooling
- Competent use of company IT and diagnostic tooling
- Driving Licence essential
- Fork Lift Licence – Training will be given
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days’ annual leave plus 8 days’ bank holiday
- Annual bonus
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- £250 per annum tool allowance
- Tool Insurance
- Regular familiarisation, product and technical training
- Regular Overtime
About The Company
M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions are responsible for the supply and management of specialist equipment and vehicles across the whole of M Group Services, supplying the Utilities, Transport, Data and Telecom sectors.
It is our job to ensure all group businesses have the safe, compliant and fit for purpose tools needed to deliver successful results for their clients and the clients’ customers, keeping sites safe, roads in good condition and transport links active.
M Group Services Plant & Fleet Solutions values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally