Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
Underwriting Services Specialist
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, we offer considerable diversity to the broking community. We’re a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
To act as a bridge between the transactional activities of the offshore processing teams and the Underwriters, Underwriting Assistants, Clients and Brokers who rely on those transactional services; across both Insurance Administration and Credit Control activities. To be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with one or more Client/Broker organisations ensuring that all operational issues are resolved in an efficient and effective manner.
Core Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Be aware of the annual business plan for the Underwriting Division/s your role supports.
- Understanding and incorporating the strategies for achieving individual or work unit objectives.
- Take full ownership of the Broker Accounts. Review all escalated unidentified cash or debt where there are collection difficulties to ensure these are cleared at the earliest opportunity. Ensuring all debt is received on the due date and all avenues are explored to collect overdue debt.
- Review Broker statements, ensuring that any unreconciled premiums are completed.
- Identify Brokers with high volumes of queries, identifying reason for queries enabling development of strategies to eliminate the need of queries, in collaboration with all parties concerned.
- Develop, maintain and enhance process documentation and user guides following the Document Standards templates.
- Analyze all processes related data, highlighting areas of concerns and propose working solutions where applicable.
- Resolve queries and issues that are raised by our internal and external clients as well as our extended team in the GSSC within required timeframes
- Perform any transactional activities that the extended team are responsible for, as and when required as part of the Business Continuity process
- Ensure quality and timely data capture across all processes is accurate enabling effective MI.
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience
- Relationship management experience, establishing and maintaining strong business relationships
- A good customer service, negotiation and influencing skillset
- Intermediate level use of MS office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good understanding and ability to analyse detailed reports.
- Preferably experience working with insurance, ideally underwriting administration and credit control experience within the Commercial/London Insurance market.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today’s workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. We’re ‘Happy to talk Flexible Working’.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click ‘Apply’ and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.
We are an international insurer and reinsurer offering a diverse portfolio of commercial, personal and specialty products, as well as risk management solutions. Our product portfolio includes property, motor, crop, energy, marine and aviation. We employee a team of more than 11,800 people, in 27 countries around the world.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally