Reed in Partnership changes peoples lives for the better.
Our mission is to deliver services that positively transform people and their communities.
Learning to drive can have a significant impact on an individuals life, and Reed in Partnership is proud to soon be part of this journey. From September 2021 we will be working with the DVSA (Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency) to deliver the driving theory test in several locations across the UK.
If you are passionate about providing world-class customer service and are looking for a role that offers flexible working hours, autonomy, and the chance to meet and help people every day, we would love to hear from you.
We are inviting applications for Driving Test Centre Associates with paid training. If this role appeals to you, please apply now. We will be in touch with the journey from here and will keep you informed every step of the way.
What is the job about:
Meeting and greeting participants and visitors to the test centre, you will be facilitating their experience throughout the testing process. You will be responsible for the invigilation of tests and the efficient delivery of tests to candidates, ensuring that relevant procedures and guidelines are always adhered to.
Your main responsibilities would be:
- Helping to manage attendance at the Test Centre, ensuring only authorised people have access.
- Providing a high level of customer service to ensure that the candidates’ test centre experience is a welcoming, smooth and efficient service.
- Ensuring that the integrity and security of tests are maintained and that they are supervised / invigilated to the required standard.
- Ensuring that the test centre and its equipment is operational and test stations are in working order to deliver testing.
- Explaining the test process to candidates and dealing with other queries as required.
- Ensuring that the test centre meets individual candidate needs in line with the Equality Act and our approach to diversity&inclusion.
- Periodically downloading and reviewing tests and test centre schedules.
- Performing daily test centre opening and closing procedures.
- Handling and reporting incidents that could impact candidate testing.
What is in it for you:
The roles offer long term employment stability and the satisfaction of assisting people at a key moment in their lives.
This site is open – Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday 0800 – 1530, Occasional Saturday 1000 – 1430
Required Skills and experience:
- Applicants must hold a full UK driving licence due to the nature of the role (although driving will not be required for all locations)
- Significant demonstrable experience in providing high-quality customer service.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure to short timescales and multi-tasking to complete a variety of competing activities.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
- Experience in working with diverse customer groups.
- Flexible in working hours and days, including evenings and Saturdays if possible.
Commitment to Diversity&Inclusion
We aim to ensure that no candidate or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, or maternity. We offer a guaranteed interview scheme for BAME and disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria.