Are you a dynamic team-player with an eye for beauty trends and a passion to succeed? In this role for the Kao Salon Division (KSD) you will focus on building business for our portfolio of beautiful salon brands while being responsible for delivering new business growth in your assigned territory. Focusing on continuous vertical and horizontal expansion you will ensure long term profitable revenue and growth by working closely with salon stylist customers and supporting execution of the global Salon Division’s – go to market strategy.
The Kao Salon Division brings the Kao vision for making life beautiful and enriching lives to salon owners, stylists and their clients around the world. As each salon client is different and every stylist unique, we offer a comprehensive portfolio of products and services across our quality brands Goldwell, KMS and Oribe.
This role will give you the chance to work as part of a dedicated sales team within the UK, spearheading our innovative salon brands and supporting continued growth for us in the industry.
What you will do:
- Responsible for exceeding new door target, distribution and net sales targets for new account acquisition.
- Sell the total portfolio of master brands. Liaise with head office regarding preparation and implementation of tour planning. Employ sales technique based on a 5+1 powerbrand strategy. Implement/execute salon division standard processes at all times.
- Working in collaboration with the team on areas to target, establishing and maintaining prospect lists per area. Provide regular updates and communication to the area sales managers and education team leaders on progress made with each prospect account.
- Create own sales leads through prospecting and networking. In collaboration with the commercial team and New Business Team Lead organise and drive attendance at Salon Partnership events.
- Sell and manage portfolio (DMP) Distribution master plan while demonstrating ability to build long lasting relationships via loyalty. Demonstrate knowledge in areas of SME and lead change (Partner, Portfolio, Grow). Use technology in role execution (IPad, Digital, Sales force automation (SFA) Continuously consult with salon owners to encourage their growth while utilising negotiation techniques, working speedily and in an organised fashion.
- Continuously grow and exceed on targets set whilst employing a cost conscious approach Thinking in terms of economics and be able to read and explain a customer P&L. Observe the market and competitor activities.
What you will need:
- Sales certificates and continuous capability training is highly preferred (documentation needed)
- Commercially astute, 2-3 years of professional experience (ideally in B2B Sector)
Ability to cope with a variety of sales business cultures/personalities, prioritizes workload and able to commit to working regular long days and and balance working away from home for potentially 3-4 days per week. Ability to multi-task effectively.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Confident, friendly, helpful, polite, accommodating and committed
Who we are: Founded in Japan in 1887, Kao is passionate about making a difference in people’s lives with our high quality products and services that make the life of our consumers and customers more beautiful. In the region Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) Kao focuses on premium beauty brands across three distinct sectors: Kao Salon Division, Premium Mass and our London based boutique brand Molton Brown.
How we work: Having been selected among the World´s Most Ethical Companies for 15 consecutive years, we are a company with a purpose and strong corporate values. We never compromise on quality and craft our products with care for the consumer and the environment. At Kao, each employee can actively shape their job and their career. We work collaboratively to achieve our common goals, always aiming to deliver the best for our customers.
What we offer: A friendly and flexible work environment with competitive salaries, benefits package, ongoing development and the opportunity to enhance your skills and deliver tangible results. At Kao your voice will be heard. Your opinion really counts. We believe that change comes from taking opportunities into your own hands, so we value and reward entrepreneurial thinking and innovation.
Hiring Process: Kao embraces the diversity and the individual personalities of its people because we believe it is diversity that makes us strong. This is why we welcome applications from all areas of the global community.
Want to learn more: If you feel you are as unique as our products and want to find out why 33,000 people across the globe opted for a career with us please visit https://www.kao.com/emea/en/
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally