Salary and Benefits: Competitive + Benefits
There is an exciting opportunity to join the South East London region as a Team Manager for Clothing and Home. You will train in Bromley Academy before being appointed to a store on the Region.
M&S is changing, and it’s changing fast! As part of our ongoing transformation to deliver “Stores of the Future” we are looking for strong, innovative and resilient Leaders, considered specialists in their field to inspire change and influence the future. We are working hard to ensure our store estate is fit for the future, by trialling different concepts and opening new stores – our plan is to open c.75 stores over the next 3 years that will offer our customers a new and innovative shopping experience as well as maintaining the traditional M&S values our customers love.
Our Team Managers are responsible for leading 92% of our colleague population. Our Team Managers are an integral cog within the in-store Management Team. Your role is to help our people be the best that they can be and to assist in driving sales, commerciality and service standards within your store.
One of the requirements for our Team Managers is flexibility to work across various departments including Food, Hospitality, Clothing & Home and Operations… but in return this provides a strong grounding across all elements of our business and therefore supports with career progression in the future.
About the role
- To drive a selling culture within your team
- Consistently raise performance and capability of the team to support developing internal talent
- To utilise and exploit data to support with operational decisions
- Implement a continuous improvement mentality within the team and work in partnership with the wider team.
- To always energise your team to deliver first class customer service within a fast-paced environment
What’s on offer?
- Flexible working options – alternate weekend working
- Standard working week 39 hours
- 20% Colleague discount on most things from furniture, fashion and of course food
- First class welcome to M&S with a tailored 12-week induction in your training store
- Options to progress – it’s something we’re proud of at M&S.
- Holiday Entitlement 28 days – which increases with service.
- Celebration Day / Charity Volunteer Day – paid days off*
- Perks and Discounts via the M&S Choices website (these are phenomenal and there are lots!)
About the Application Process…
After completing a short online application, if successful you will then be required to take part in a short on-demand video interview. Following this stage, successful applicants will be invited to an interview or assessment.
Ready to apply?
We are an inclusive employer and are committed to an active Equal Opportunities Policy which starts with our recruitment and selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete an application online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email Recruitment.Online@marksandspencer.com so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
- Qualifying period applies
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request this.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally