At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,200 people in the UK. We are responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including new capabilities like the E-7 AEW&C and the P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISR Services, Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services and are very much in a growth phase
As a BDUK employee, you will have access to flexible working arrangements, benefits packaging, employee incentive programs and study assistance. You will also have access to many resources that you will be able to access in order to inform and support your development throughout your career with us.
The E-7 programme comprises several service lines (i.e. workstreams) spanning both the air and ground segments. We require a Systems Engineer to join our team that play a key part of the team responsible for delivering the Ground Support Segment elements of the capability. The role is fundamental in translating customer needs/requirements into appropriate solutions and will require the successful candidate to work in and/or manage multidisciplinary teams to both generate proposals and develop deliverable solutions. He/she will also provide Systems Engineering support and expertise across all stages of the project lifecycle
Responsibilities will include:
- Development and improvement of requirement specifications with cross-functional teams;
- Development of solutions using techniques such as Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and Trade Studies;
- Supporting the development of a plan and associated artefacts to perform Integration, Test, Evaluation and Acceptance (ITEA) activities;
- Managing technical baselines (e.g. requirements, performance measures, solution) including configuration and change control, working with parties from across the global Boeing Enterprise;
- Development of systems engineering artefacts (e.g. management plans, schedules, reports);
- Leading or supporting technical management and governance tasks (metrics, reporting, team tasking, risk/issue/opportunity management);
- Collaboration with and reporting to Customer representatives; and
- The tailoring and application of engineering initiatives, best practices and quality processes; and contributing to Continuous Improvement;
You may also get the opportunity to work on a variety of other programmes, business development opportunities and contribute to engineering excellence across the company as part of your ongoing career development with Boeing
Aside from your technical work you there is the potential to support company initiatives, for example, quality improvements, promoting a safety culture, promoting Diversity and Inclusion, mentoring and coaching, STEM outreach and a number of focus projects to support the growth of the company including its employees.
What We Are Looking For
- Applied experience across some or all elements of Systems Engineering: requirements management; interface management; system architectures; MBSE; integration of specialties; Verification and Validation; technical, governance and change management;
- Some experience in the usage of IBM DOORS or similar, and/or MBSE tools such as CAMEO or Enterprise Architect;
- Ability to collaborate effectively with geographically dispersed and diverse teams;
- Strong communication and influencing skills, and
- Proficient office IT skills;
- Experience of Customer and wider stakeholder management;
- Experience in some of the following areas: C4ISTAR, Air Platforms, Mission Systems, Communications Systems and Networks, Training Systems and Training Related Technology.
A degree level (or equivalent) qualification in Engineering, Systems Engineering, or an Engineering related field (Preferred, not Essential) and already be, or aspire to be, a member of a recognised professional body such as the Institute of Engineering and Technology or the Royal Aeronautical Society
Other job related information:
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. CANDIDATES MUST BE A UK CITIZEN AND HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IN THE UK. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. Level of role offered will be dependent on level of experience
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally