Salary and Benefits: competitive package
About the role
Setting first class standards and driving continuous improvement are crucial attributes to exploit every commercial opportunity and drive sales. With a passion for delivering excellent standards at all times combined with continuously driving growth & profitability of the store or Foods section through successful implementation of the M&S retail plan.
- To drive a selling culture within your team.
- To lead your team to deliver excellent customer service and hit store targets.
- Deliver an inspirational, improved, and consistent visual customer journey instore which inspires our customers to shop and buy more often.
- To utilise and exploit data & Management Information to support with operational decisions.
- To implement a continuous improvement mentality.
- Build relationships with key partners across your Region and beyond to maximise all growth opportunities, execute fantastic events and drive conversion.
- To continuously seeking opportunities to develop future talent through performance tools and development programmes.
- A superb knowledge of Retail, ideally but not exclusively from a Foods retail background.
- Experience of running a commercial operation of £20 million +
- A proven leadership track record and the ability to lead large teams effectively through ambiguity.
- Tech savvy – an understanding of systems and have the ability to exploit them.
- Comfortable having difficult conversations and able to get effective resolutions with both colleagues and line managers.
- Able to juggle a number of priorities whilst still maintaining an excellent standard and working with pace.
- A desire to push boundaries and collaboratively make a difference.
- Demonstrate flexibility and resourcefulness to change and the ability to lead teams through change with a growth mentality.
- Experience of developing people to be their best.
What’s in it for you?
- A great work / life balance – working only 1 full weekend in 2.
- 20% Colleague discount on most things from furniture, fashion and of course food.
- First class welcome to M&S with a tailored 12-week induction in your training store.
- Options to progress – it’s something we’re proud of at M&S.
- Holiday Entitlement 28 days – with more earned the longer you’re with us
- Celebration Day – a paid day off to celebrate something that’s important to you *
- Charity Volunteer Day – A paid day away from work to support your chosen charity *
- Perks and Discounts via the M&S Choices website (these are great and there are lots!)
- Annual bonus
About the application process:
You’ll initially complete a short online application form and then take part in an on demand video interview. If successful, you’ll be invited to an interview or assessment.
Ready to apply?
We are an inclusive employer and are committed to an active Equal Opportunities Policy which starts with our recruitment and selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by emailRecruitment.Online@marksandspencer.comso we can make alternative arrangements for you.
- Qualifying period applies
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally