Senior Manager, Data Science (Product Analytics)
Expedia is seeking an intellectually curious, collaborative and experienced analytics leader to join the Global Data Science team in London as the Senior Manager of Product Analytics. This team fuels data-informed decisions, and proactively seeks data-driven solutions to enhance web products and improve customer experience.
You will be defining and driving the analysis, measurement, and optimisation of Content – a core platform capability that powers customer engagement for all Expedia Group brands. In this exciting area of the platform, you’ll work with our Product and Technology partners, and across brands to analyse Content such as property media (images, virtual tours, amenities), destination guides or customer reviews.
What you’ll do?
- Hire and lead a solid team of analysts to drive key analytics priorities aligned to Expedia’s strategic objectives.
- Own and develop a metrics framework your product, building accurate and easy to consume dashboards/reports. Automate and scale reporting in partnership with data engineering and data platform teams
- Collaborate with product teams on goal setting, product performance reviews, and strategy planning
- Partner closely with technical and non-technical teams, to answer sophisticated business and user behaviour questions, with a focus on meaningful insights
- Apply your expertise in data modelling, quantitative analysis, data mining, and data visualisation with a goal of improving customer experience and business results
- Present analytics insights in product reviews, analytics community meetings and socialise your insights to benefit others across Expedia Group
- Own end to end process in evaluating A/B or multivariate tests to improve user experience; proactively uncover opportunities and recommend new features for test and learn; evaluate and apply alternative methods to supplement randomised testing
- Partner with technology and product teams to define requirements and implement clickstream tracking and instrumentation at granular level
Who you are:
- Bachelors or Masters in engineering, physics, mathematics, data science or analytics
- Demonstrable experience hiring, building, mentoring and leading a team
- A total of 8-10 years of experience in web and product analytics
- Hands-on experience using relational databases and writing performant queries in SQL against multi-terabyte and billion row datasets in big data environments
- Hands-on experience with modern web analytics tools (Adobe analytics, Google Analytics, etc)
- Experience using modern visualisation tools (Tableau, Looker, Qlik)
- Experience in a relevant area – travel, ecommerce, or technology is a strong plus
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world’s travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people’s lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a desire to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group’s family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally