At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
Boeing Defence UK is looking for Senior Integrated Logistics Support Engineer based in Bristol, United Kingdom.
Boeing Defence UK operates an engineering matrix organisation consisting of engineering capabilities that deliver technical skills, expertise and products into our programmes. One of the capabilities is Product Support Engineering (ILS Engineering) which provides the product supportability infrastructure comprising the following technical areas: Logistic Support Analysis, Reliability and Maintainability, Reliability Centred Maintenance Analysis, Engineering Data Exploitation, Integrated Logistic Support Engineering and Technical Publications.
The Integrated Logistics Support Engineer proposals and miscellaneous programmes will support the BDUK ILS Technical Lead Engineer and will provide:
- Support to the generation, review and assessment of proposals.
- Generate, coordinate, and review tech services (ILS) documentation.
- Provide input into Obsolescence Management and Planning.
- Support Planning and implementation of R&M activities.
- Preparation of material for briefings, meetings and formal working groups (internal and external)
- Attendance as required at internal, supplier and customer meetings.
- Liaison with functions (Engineering, Technical Publications, SCM, Training, GSS, Program Management and Security) to ensure Tech Services remains informed and aligned with wider Business developments and progress.
- Liaison with the Customer on specific areas of Technical Services.
- Support and co-ordinate Tech Services deliverables (CDRLs) ensuring timely inputs are received, reviewed and the final output is ready for approval and acceptance process.
- Highlight any issues or opportunities within Technical Services at the earliest possible point and where required support mitigation and development plans for addressing highlighted concerns.
- Support contingency planning and requirements to take Projects smoothly into Sustainment.
- Work as directed by the ILS Manager through the ILS Technical Lead Engineer.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.
Qualifications (Skills, Education, Experience):
- An understanding of Support Engineering in the Military Environments.
- Authoring of Support Product documentation.
- Ability to work with the cross functional business stakeholders to identify optimisation opportunities and ways in which suppliers can enhance our offering to our clients.
- Ability to Liaise with the OEM platform side of Boeing to integrate the UK solutions with those that exist on the base platforms.
- Proven ability to drive first time quality.
- A thorough understanding of the principals of Estimating.
- An understanding of Support in an IT environment would be advantageous.
- Knowledge/previous participation of the MoD TDI initiatives is desirable.
- Ideally you will be educated to degree level in a relevant Engineering subject.
- Essential to have experience with either Logistics Support Analysis with the use of LSAR, or Reliability and Maintainability.
- Support Engineering/Integrated Logistical Support related work experience.
- Experience of Obsolescence Management is highly desirable.
- Experience of working with international support standards such as Def Stan 00-600, ASD/AIA Suite of S Series ILS Specifications is desirable.
- Experience of working and developing Proposals is essential.
- ITIL V3 Foundation would be Highly Desirable.
- Ability to obtain UK SC security clearance.
Important information regarding this requisition: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally