Job Profile Summary
bp are looking for a Senior Cloud Data Security Engineer with a strong background in Azure, with experience in designing, engineering, and deploying security across Big Data cloud platforms.
KEEP READING, IF YOU ARE AN ENGINEER WITH PASSION FOR BIG DATA AND HANDS-ON SECURITY DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE, AS YOU WOULD BE A GREAT FIT.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
· You’ll have direct responsibility to design, engineer and deploy security features and processes responding to data platform development demands.
· You’ll be leading the ongoing development of Security Operations within the data services, drafting producers and runbooks.
· You’ll be joining bp’s Digital Security function providing security engineering capability supporting products and services across the bp business.
· You’ll be working closely with product & service owners and their teams who operate bp’s data platforms.
· Lead threat modelling, engineering planning workshops and security design reviews with engineering teams, providing subject matter expertise in resolving complex security problems.
· You’ll work in an agile environment, mastering continuous improvement deliveries.
· As a senior team member, you will have opportunity to mentor others and draft their learning paths.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
· Excellent cloud / data lake / data platform and associated technologies knowledge.
· Experience working in digital security across cloud platforms with a specific emphasis on working across big data / data analytics platforms.
· Strong demonstrated ‘hands on’ technical proficiency (see ‘Technical competencies’).
· Good grasp of Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
· Experience working across information lifecycle management
· A good understanding and application of technology to support the regulatory environment for information management – particularly related to personal and high value data.
· A strong communicator, influencer and team player.
· A passion for continuous learning, professional development and knowledge sharing.
This role would suit a mid-level cloud data security engineer looking to advance into senior position, taking responsibility for the team deliverables and performance.
A range of core technical proficiency / knowledge across the following domains:
· Azure DevOps Pipelines or Github Actions
· Infrastructure as a Code tools
· .NET, Java, Scala
· Python 3
· PowerShell / Bash
· ETL tools (Azure Data Factory)
· Logging capabilities (Log Analytics, App insights)
· Programming hosts (Azure Functions, Azure Batch, AKS, VMSS)
· Data (Data Bricks, Synapse, SQLDB, ADX, Cosmos DB, ADLS)
· Messaging (Event Hub, Event Grid, Service Bus, Azure Queues)
· arm, Biceps
PROFICIENCY / KNOWLEDGE ACROSS SOME OF THE FOLLOWING DOMAINS WOULD ALSO BE PREFERABLE:
· Azure Databricks
· Microsoft / Azure Certified
· CISSP, CCSP, CIPT
At bp, we provide a phenomenal environment and benefits such as an open and inclusive culture, a great work-life balance, tremendous learning and development opportunities to craft your career path, life and health insurance, medical care package and many others!
Diversity sits at the heart of our company and as an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Reinvent your career as you help our business to meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!
Innovation & Engineering
Job Family Group
INNOVATION & ENGINEERING
Join us in creating, growing, and delivering innovation at pace, enabling us to thrive while transitioning to a net zero world. All without compromising our operational risk management.
Working with us, you can do this by:
• deploying our integrated capability and standards in service of our net zero and safety ambitions
• driving our digital transformation and pioneering new business models
• collaborating to deliver competitive customer-focused energy solutions
• originating, scaling and commercialising innovative ideas, and creating ground-breaking new businesses from them
• protecting us by assuring management of our greatest physical and digital risks
Because together we are:
• Originators, builders, guardians and disruptors
• Engineers, technologists, scientists and entrepreneurs
• Empathetic, curious, creative and inclusive
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally