Job Profile Summary
At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. With operations working across almost every part of the energy system, we’re leading the way in reducing carbon emissions and developing more sustainable methods for solving the energy challenge.
We’re a diverse team of engineers, scientists, traders, and business professionals determined to find answers to problems that must be solved. But we know we can’t do it alone. We’re looking for people who share our passion for reinvention to bring a new perspective, collaborative spirit, and to challenge our thinking in our ambition to achieve net-zero.
Could you support our global team by providing Rotating Equipment Engineering expertise?
About the opportunity:
We now have an excellent opportunity for a Rotating Equipment Engineer to join our Production Management Unit (PMU) – Rotating Equipment team and contribute to our long-term results.
The PMU mission is to partner with our facility support teams (Production Delivery Units) to manage performance, health and optimisation of production systems, maximising current and future value on a global level whilst driving down emissions.
This role will be based in Aberdeen, United Kingdom.
About the role:
As a Rotating Equipment Engineer in the PMU, you will have a unique opportunity to blend discipline expertise with digital technologies. You will play a vital role in providing high-quality surveillance and optimisation of rotating equipment whilst also contributing to the development of next-generation digital tools. You will deliver production value for our facilities and wider business through close monitoring of the Rotating Equipment system’s health and performance, inclusive of energy usage and emissions. You will collaborate extensively with other squads, teams, and third parties to manage performance, carbon, and vulnerabilities.
In more detail, you will have the exciting opportunity to:
- Provide surveillance and monitoring of Rotating Equipment to understand health and performance, identify weak signals, operating limit excursions, vulnerabilities and optimisation/improvement opportunities
- Collate and interpret basic care exceptions, lube oil analysis reports, vibration data and system-generated alerts to provide a holistic view of rotating equipment condition and performance
- Maintain digital models to optimise Rotating Equipment performance and identify early deviations from expected behaviour
- Become a trusted partner for assigned facilities, providing high quality, prioritised, and actionable insights
- Through your understanding of technical requirements, influence the selection and development of digital tools to enhance capability and drive efficiency improvement
- Drive Continuous Improvement in Rotating Equipment monitoring and surveillance by investigating “missed” events and implementing lessons learned to avoid recurrence
- Provide data insights for initial 5-Whys and RCFA investigations as required
Collaborate closely with a range of condition monitoring providers and machinery OEMs to improve monitoring capability, equipment reliability and value realisation.
You will have a degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience, and a deep understanding of Rotating Equipment operation, maintenance and failure modes, specifically those relating to gas turbines, centrifugal compressors and pumps. Knowledge of machinery control and protection systems is desirable.
You must be a competent communicator with proven influencing skills, self-leadership and a bias for action. Equally important are your knowledge and practical application of condition monitoring techniques, a reliability mindset and desire for personal growth, particularly in digital technologies.
Why join us?
We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
We recognise that there are many aspects of our employees’ lives, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits can include flexible working options, collaboration spaces in a modern office environment and many others!
Reinvent your career as you help our business meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!
Production & Operations
Job Family Group
Yes – up to 10%
PRODUCTION & OPERATIONS
This is the place to truly drive change. Our people develop hydrocarbon resources, deliver projects, operate refineries as well as oil and gas production assets.
Join us and make a difference by:
• making our production and operations safer and more standardised
• driving quicker reduction of our carbon emissions
• growing cash returns and delivering improved reliability and optimisation
• maximising efficiency through sharing resources
• accelerating the digital transformation of our operating assets
• developing our people faster, leveraging the scale of P&O
• building greater integration and collaboration in service of our purpose
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally