Project Worker, Young People & Parents
Contract: Permanent, Full Time, 35 hours per week
Pay: £21,927 per annum
Location: Bramlings House, Newbury,
Shifts: Hours will be on a Rota Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.30am and 7.30pm.
A2Dominion is a housing provider with a social purpose to improve people’s lives. We’re one of the UK’s leading care and support providers.
Join our team to help people live safe, happy, and independent lives. We’ll provide you with a competitive package for our sector, and whether this is your first job in care, or you have experience, we would like to hear from you. In return for your skills, experience, and motivation to help others you will receive a competitive benefits package – for further details on what this could mean for you, scroll to the bottom of this advert to learn more.
This is an opportunity to make a difference to be part of something special
Bramlings House is a supported housing scheme for vulnerable young people, including young parents. There are support staff available 24 hours a day. We have 12 single en-suite rooms, which share a lounge and kitchen, and 13 self-contained 1-bedroom apartments. Eight of these are reserved for young parents.
In this role, you will identify and deliver flexible housing related support to service users to enable them to develop independent skills in order to move on to their own accommodation.
More about the role:
· Assess all new tenants and allocate beds according to procedures.
· Provide information and advice to service users in order to assist them in establishing and maintaining their tenancy.
· Ensure room checks and housekeeping void procedures are followed and that voids are kept to a minimum.
· Ensure that tenancy/license is upheld.
· Carry out risk assessments as necessary, liaising with other agencies where appropriate.
· Promote user participation by providing information and advice choices to enable residents to participate more fully in decisions relating to them.
· Carry out designated H&S checks and facilities management of the building and liaise with internal departments This role will require working alone more often than not so discipline and self-motivation is key.
· All staff will also be expected to take part in an On-Call rota.
More about you:
· Kind and compassionate personality
· Willingness to learn new skills and adjust accordingly
· Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Math & English
· Experience of working in a customer-facing role, motivating complex and diverse client groups to sustain housing, health and/or work outcomes
Rewards & Benefits:
· Group Bonus – annual
· 25 days leave (Rising to 28 after 3 years’ service)
· Flexible benefits – £300 allowance to spend on health and lifestyle
· Enhanced DBS and induction paid for
· £0.42p per mile used within work hours
· Uniform & PPE provided
· £500 Refer a friend bonus
· Pension scheme (with employer contributions of up to 8%.)
· Above & Beyond the Call of Duty Awards
· Bank holiday enhanced pay
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Eyes tests and Flu vouchers
Feel at home
Everyone is welcome at A2Dominion Group. We know that equality, diversity, and inclusivity make us better. We embrace the unique contributions of our people and seek to create a workplace where everyone feels like they belong. Find out why our people love working us.
Job applications and interviews can be daunting. Whether this is your first job application, or you are further forward in your career, we want to support you so that you feel prepared and can show us how good you really are. Find out more on our website.
If you’ve read about this opportunity and are excited about working for us, but you’re not sure if you’re 100% confident with your experience – we’d still love to hear from you! Just make an application and we’ll be in touch from there.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally