At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
Boeing Defence UK Limited (BDUK) is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,200 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including E-7 AEW&C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISTAR Services, Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services.
This post is for a UK Chinook Modifications Project Engineer reporting to the BDUK Design, Structures & Build Project Engineering Manager. The role will assist the Chief Engineer in the delivery of UK Chinook platform modification programmes, ensuring that assigned activities are appropriately coordinated and reported by performing the role of Project Engineer. Working within a supportive team of around 10 Project Engineer, this position can be based at our Yeovil, Bristol or Boscombe Down sites with some remote working options . We will do our utmost to develop you and to ensure that you progress within the team, and enjoy a full career with the Boeing Company. At Boeing we’re committed to rewarding excellence and fostering an inclusive environment where team members are seen, heard, valued, respected and fully engaged.
- Provides the Engineering leadership to UK Chinook project teams representing multiple skill areas, which may include internal and external resources and customers.
- Technically leads UK Chinook modification proposal development activities. Develops statements of work (SOWs) to satisfy research and development, ongoing and new business requirements. Works with customers and management to obtain agreement/approval.
- Leads UK Chinook modification project execution to complete the work statement. Coordinates baseline management throughout the project lifecycle. Identifies and reports performance metrics. Responds to changes to SOW, assesses the impact and negotiates proposed changes to determine modifications to the deliverables, resources, costs and schedules.
- Plans, identifies, and coordinates resources required over the life of the UK Chinook modification projects and programmes.
- Manages risks, issues and opportunities (RIOs). Defines plans for risk mitigation and opportunity realisation.
- Compares actual results to baseline plan to assess UK Chinook modification project performance, efficiencies, productivity and lessons learned. Provides technical, business and integration leadership for the development and execution of UK Chinook modification project and team plans.
- Champion and support Continuous Improvement across BDUK activities.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of the Chinook or other rotorcraft platforms
- Degree in relevant aerospace-related subject, or equivalent Industry experience
- Previous experience working with military aircraft
- Registration with the Engineering Council as an Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or have the ability to work towards IEng..
- Knowledge of Military Airworthiness Authority (MAA) Regulatory Articles
- Knowledge of aircraft certified to the following standards
Work Authorisation: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally