Salary and Benefits: Competitive
We are looking for an individual who will be passionate about building products that colleagues love, managing the product management lifecycle from design and build through to launch and maintenance!
You will act as the ‘voice of the colleague’ at the intersection of product design, technology and business, coming up with innovative ideas to solve customer problems and translating customer needs into a product strategy, vision, roadmap and backlog. We prioritise work to improve customer and business value capturing customer and partner feedback frequently to improve product backlog items. Working as an equal partner alongside our Technical Programme Delivery teams and either internal engineering or with 3rd party solutions and you will measure and drive the success of the product, ensuring solutions are valuable, viable, usable, and feasible for the customer.
We define and supervise success measures, balancing short term goals with longer term objectives and make data driven decisions on whether to adjust, refine or shift!
As a Product Manager, you will demonstrate and build solid knowledge of the business and the customer needs, analysing market and driven conditions, influencing a product vision that differentiates and delivers unique value based on customer demands.
It is important that we build strong working relationships with other Product Managers and colleagues across the business to collaborate on cross-product team priorities and support the continuous maturity of the Product Management Community.
You’ll be confident in building close partnerships with Property partners to co-create a Property Technology Strategy and add business benefit. You be confident in combining an understanding of the Property priorities from the teams and technology imperatives, with a blended understanding of stores and underlying applications. This role will drive ambitious change across Property and the establishment of a Property Product Team.
The best Product Managers are dreamers, obsessed with delivering commercial value, providing thought leadership – generating ideas that inspire and influence others. Being creative and persistent, constantly evangelising, building trust, problem solving, and a great communicator resulting in delivering the most value for the business.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
The Product Manager will shape the product vision to drive business outcomes, balancing priorities influenced by customer needs, product health and industry trends. The mission is to collaborate closely with many fields across the business to design and deliver desirable resilient solutions to the market. More specifically, the role is the embodiment of ‘All in for the customer’ with key responsibilities as follows:
- Management of product(s) with a high level of autonomy that leads to the delivery of significant measurable value
- Creation and clear communication of the strategic vision of the product with defined OKRs
- Collaborate closely with partners aligning business, product and technical priorities to set the product direction, promote the product roadmap and continually improve.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of user experience (UX) design and research methods
- Demonstrate a good level of technical understanding within your product and understand how your product interacts with all areas of the business
- Lead the backlog and contribute to any overall prioritisation process
- Create business cases or lean canvas as required that include market analysis, costs and business/user benefit.
- Ensures Product measures of success are defined, supervised and communicated
- Apply lean practices while delivering value through iterative development i.e. Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Support the teams to optimally adopt DevOps, supporting in the triage and resolution of major incidents where required and collaborating with Engineering and Technical Programme Management to ensure operational success.
- Drive launch readiness collaborating closely with all parties to ensure adoption
- Pro-actively identifies and applies insight from customer research, data analytics, market and competitor analysis to ensure M&S is best in class.
- Uses and generates high value from product optimisation, experimentation techniques and user science tools to validate ideas and influence the products.
- Operates as a mentor and coach to Associate Product Managers and actively contributes to the wider Product culture acting as a Product evangelist to build awareness and understanding
- Line Manager to XX ensuring that the functions of these positions are properly and effectively being implemented, encouraging collaborate 360 feedback interactions from the community, partners & team
Job knowledge – specialist skills, experiences, qualifications, specific systems or practices relevant to the role, the latest function specific knowledge
Business knowledge – level of commercial awareness, economic, commercial, political experience, industry specific knowledge to differentiate M&S from competitors
Problem solving – ability to advise, lead and deliver solutions that go beyond existing ways of doing things
People & Leadership skills – communications, leadership and talent development skills.
- An interest in product management, demonstrating successful development and delivery of product strategies – roadmaps through to product launch and optimisation- some evidence of how this has been achieved.
- Experience and passion for the relevant product area and a deep understanding of the customer
- Experience of running successful Product delivery in an Agile software environment to deliver customer-led outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with cross functional teams in a constructive and collaborative relationship
- Understanding of Product Health and performance through key SLA’s e.g. Platform Availability, Usage Metrics, Performance Metrics and Scale metrics
- Product management techniques and methods, such as facilitating discovery and ideation workshops
- Strong problem-solving skills, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, narrative.
- Solid understanding in the use of tools & techniques for backlog prioritisation and basic knowledge and experience of agile software development
- Financial foresight to demonstrate the products value
- Experience of the Retail sector and property
- Good knowledge of Agile Product Management tools e.g. Jira & Jira Align
- Proven experience of Microsoft applications and Dynamics AX and 365 will be advantageous but is not crucial
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk flexible working. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email email@example.com so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally