Product Designer – Design System
At GoCardless, we’re passionate about payments. Our vision is to provide businesses with the best way to collect recurring payments wherever they and their customers are in the world.
Today, we help over 60,000 businesses take the pain out of getting paid, so they can focus on what they do best. And through our partnerships with over 200 software providers such as Xero, Zuora, Salesforce and Quickbooks, more and more businesses are benefiting from our unique global payments platform every day. We process $15bn of payments a year across more than 30 countries, powering recurring payments for businesses worldwide, from multinational corporations to small businesses.
We’re headquartered in the UK and backed by some of the world’s leading investors, including Google Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital and Bain Capital. Over 500 employees worldwide have decided to develop their careers with us. We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop people who share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback and support colleagues in their roles and, more broadly, in their careers.
Product Designer at GoCardless
We believe in making lives easier by building outstanding experiences.
We’re looking for inspired and curious people to join the design function to help develop the culture, define principles, and collaborate with brand design to set the direction for the future of GoCardless products. As a Product Designer, you will be accountable for every feature you design – from the very first sketch through to implementation; you’ll drive all stages of the design process.
The team strives to deliver meaningful change to the people and processes we serve. Whether it’s an internal tool or an outward-facing product, we take pride in our craft, from insight to application.
- Work closely with cross-functional product teams to develop and improve the design system
- Work in a cross-functional group to elevate the quality of our UI and Design Language by building out a pattern library and driving our design system forward
- Work closely with all designers to deliver world-class UI
- Define governance systems to ensure the contribution is high-quality in both design and build
- Work closely with our brand team to apply our brand within our product portfolio
- Collaborate with front-end engineers, including participating in code reviews
- Well developed skills in UI – brand – and web design.
- Experience maintaining and evolving pattern libraries and creating design systems.
- Experience practising the broad range of activities involved in product design; ideation and facilitation, conceptualisation, validation/testing, UI, and more.
- An ability to proactively plan and structure bigger (re)design initiatives with stakeholders across functions and teams.
- Experience in building design systems, including designing components, documenting best practices and exporting knowledge to others
- A drive to proactively seek feedback to improve their work and an ability to facilitate excellent design critiques for themselves and others.
- Have a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience at a tech or product-driven company and a minimum 1-year experience maintaining a design system.
- Hands-on experience in contributing code to repositories is desired but not essential
Life at GoCardless
Diversity is hugely important to us and we welcome applications from those with disabilities and from underrepresented backgrounds. Throughout our hiring and onboarding process, we make any reasonable adjustments necessary to create a level playing field and continually look at how we can improve in this area. We also have active ‘employee resource groups’ (such a BEAM and Rainbow) that are supported and sponsored by members of our Exec team; they work to engage and inspire our employees on diversity & inclusion topics throughout the year.
We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements, enhanced parental leave and pension packages. You’ll also receive equity because we believe having this ‘buy in’ is a vital part of building a successful business where everybody – regardless of their role – can make a valuable contribution.
Here at GoCardless, we value flexibility, and throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic we’ve listened to our global GeeCees to gain a better understanding of the positives and negatives of working remotely (which we’ve been doing since March 2020).
Their feedback helped us develop our ‘Adaptive Working’ model, rolling out mid to late 2021. It’s built around three components: days in the office, remote working, and enhanced environments. This means teams will be able to come into a GC office between one and three days per week for collaboration and teamwork, with the rest spent working remotely to enable a healthy work/life balance. We’ll also be reimagining our office environments so they enhance the collaboration and socialisation aspects our GeeCees told us they value most highly.
We continually review this approach in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations; additionally, we offer support to maintain wellbeing and comfort, including subsidised home office equipment, workstation assessments and a range of remote social activities you can dip in and out of whenever you fancy.
Find out more about Life at GoCardless via Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally