Analytics Consultant, People Analytics
The People Team (HR) organization is seeking an Analytics Consultant to join our rapidly growing People Analytics team where our purpose is to drive strategic decisions at Expedia Group with data and facts. The team applies advanced analytical techniques to glean and share data driven insights that power business results in a dynamic and evolving environment.
As an integral member of the team, you will partner with leaders and employees to bring the voice of the business into the People Analytics function. You’ll use existing tools and data in new and unusual ways and make agile changes to our existing analytics platform and methodologies. You will create, develop, and implement new data visualizations and focus on scalable product development. You’ll provide data-at-your-fingertips and impactful analysis to all Business Leaders, People Leaders, and Employees across Expedia Group.
The core of this role is to continuously analyze HR and the business environment, identify business priorities and associated workforce challenges and translate these into advanced analytics solutions. And as a conduit to the business, you’ll act as an Analytics Translator to ensure our products are fit for purpose.
What You’ll Do:
- Work on the front line, proactively identifying business priorities and collaborating with senior partners
- Surface insights about Expedia’s people based on known priorities and impactful business questions
- Translate business needs into analytical insights and products that drive value for the business
- Seek out opportunities to promote “nudging” behavior change across the employee population, using analytics
- Work directly with employee life cycle and employee listening data, and ultimately present insights and recommendations to HR leaders and the organization
- Enthusiastically seek out opportunities to solicit user feedback and guide specific actions based on reporting and analytics
- Collaborate across the Insights and people analytics team members and be passionate about business analysis, HR and the opportunities to use data and technology to improve people decisions
- Partner closely with HR Data Lake / Tableau architects to optimize for new and/or available internal and external data sources to bring into new and/or existing reporting for increased impact and innovation
Who You Are:
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Economics, Human Resources, Information/Computer Science, I/O Psychology, or equivalent related professional experience
- Passion for, and experience in People Analytics
- 5-7 years of customer-facing business analyst or consulting experience required, HR experience preferred
- Ability to craft leading insights at the enterprise, division, geography levels plus other key demographics such as Inclusion & Diversity, career level, domain skills, etc
- Experience using Tableau, SQL, Excel, and PowerPoint acumen, specifically related to working with large data sets to visualize data, glean trends, build analysis and insights is required
- High attention to detail and excellent data visualization skills
- Willingness to learn additional tool org languages i.e., R/Python, Humu, Dremio, other big data technologies
- Shown business savviness and acuity, political agility, critical thinking
- Robust storytelling and communication skills capable of delivering and presenting analysis to an analytical audience as well as the broad employee population via email, blog, newsletters, training, demos
- Ability to navigate complex stakeholder landscapes and work with all levels of the organization
- Appetite for a hands-on experience with an innovative mindset
- Proven advanced statistical skills and programming languages a plus, with a goal to advise and/or build predictive modeling
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group’s family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, Egencia®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally