Job Profile Summary
bp is hiring an Operations Lead – Marine who will responsible for delivering day-to-day direction and prioritization of activity and responsible for delivery of safe, reliable and compliant operations in region and executing assigned duties in conformance with bp requirements.
Additionally accountable for:
- Developing regional strategic intent, direction and implementation.
- Performing CAM & Job Rep accountabilities for assigned contractors in accordance with bp contractor management procedure and ensuring the delivery of agreed Service Level Agreements.
- Driving and implementing global marine strategies (both technical and commercial) and identifying operational cost efficiencies and prioritizing activities to embed a continuous improvement culture and delivery of LMS, through embedding modernization and transformation initiatives including agile ways of working.
- Delivering regional activity within defined OPEX and CAPEX budgets.
Experience and Job Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years experience either as a sea-going officer, Marine consultant/Superintendent or an equivalent shore based position.
- Sound marine operational experience in offshore marine operations preferably within the Energy Industry.
- Contractor management skills.
- People leadership and stakeholder management experience.
- In addition, for terminal operations – basic operational experience in terminals and hydrocarbon carriage.
Ensuring marine operations (incl. contracted marine services) are conducted in accordance with bp requirements and all costs and budgets are managed and optimized throughout.
- In-Region CAM management including but not limited to leading PRMs, performance management of actions/gap closure plans, BRO duties (forecasts, monitoring of actuals, PO/invoicing & vendor payment management/managing and reporting opportunities and pressures)
- Developing and maintaining accurate content of Site Operating Procedures, marine processes and procedures in line with bp requirements and industry best practices.
- Responsible for driving a culture of continuous improvement for marine performance in region and continuously seek out operational improvements to reduce risk and increase efficiency.
- Identifies gaps on conformance requiring escalation to technical resources.
- Undertakes accident and incident investigation services with a focus on establishing root cause and applying preventative strategies for marine.
- Ensures personal compliance with the safety leadership principles and operating discipline. Demonstrates strong leadership of bp’s values & behaviors including continuous improvement, performance management and personal development.
- Ensuring marine priorities are clearly understood by contracted operators to support safe, efficient and cost-effective delivery of marine services.
- Monitoring, reporting, and analyzing marine MI and data sets to identify areas for performance improvements and operational efficiency.
- Owning annual budgets for marine operations and delivery within them.
- Executing Functional delivery plan and Safety plan activities.
- Executing annual contractor oversight plans and ensuring quality review and analysis of trends.
- Embedding the LMS tool in the ways of working including but not limited to planning, action tracking and barrier management.
- Risk and HSE management including in-region risk processes and reporting – risk reviews, emergent risk identification and notification, risk action plan development, monitoring the quality of action closure and management of the risk tool as required.
- Liaising with the central technical team for marine technical support to resolve issues focused on safer and more reliable operations.
- Implementing global marine processes and procedures in line with bp requirements and industry best practice.
- Recommends marine OPEX and CAPEX budgets.
- Performs marine “Budget Responsible Owner” activities.
- Recommends risk reduction initiatives and marine resource requirements.
- Perform management of regional marine activities including CAM and Job Rep duties for marine contractors and maintaining internal relationships at operations support level.
- Held or have held a Marine Certificate of Competency or Degree or equivalent qualification in a marine related discipline.
We support our people to learn and grow in a diverse and challenging environment. We believe that our team is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to crafting an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected and treated fairly.
Reinvent your career as you help our business meet the challenges of the future. Apply now!
Production & Operations
Job Family Group
Yes – Domestic (In country) only
Yes – up to 25%
PRODUCTION & OPERATIONS
This is the place to truly drive change. Our people develop hydrocarbon resources, deliver projects, operate refineries as well as oil and gas production assets.
Join us and make a difference by:
• making our production and operations safer and more standardised
• driving quicker reduction of our carbon emissions
• growing cash returns and delivering improved reliability and optimisation
• maximising efficiency through sharing resources
• accelerating the digital transformation of our operating assets
• developing our people faster, leveraging the scale of P&O
• building greater integration and collaboration in service of our purpose
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally