Salary and Benefits: Competitive + Benefits
Our role is to make sure we attract the very best talent to our business and provide a really great place to work so our colleagues can reach their full potential. After all, it’s our people who make us who we are.
M&S is going through rapid change, and here in HR we’re planning for the future in a big way! With the People Agenda at the heart of it all, now is our time to really make an impact.
Think you can rise to the challenge?
With a desire to continually learn, your curious nature will make sure our business partnerships are close and collaborative because you know that’s how we’ll achieve the best results. Not to mention your resilience, flexibility and can-do attitude that will thrive in our fast-paced and stimulating environment. In return you’ll not only find a team that is fun, passionate about what we do and driven to make real progress, but one which will fully support you in growing with us as you join us on our journey.
About the role
Our L&D Consultants are the key contact point with our internal function teams and central people COE’s. They excel at partnering with key areas of our business to help identify short and long term capability/skills needs through understanding each area and the operational and changing demands within them. Alongside this demand planning they also take responsibility for defining the solutions architecture and then through and with the wider team; the delivery of a range of different bespoke projects in the learning space, with tasks ranging from research & analysis, leading the creation of all types of learning solution, the capability development of our internal teams and consulting on the right skills and external frameworks to align with.
Your day-to-day duties will include responsibility for the full learning cycle including identification of the performance need, learning needs analysis, issue analysis and leading design teams (working in a Scrum / Agile way) through the process of creation. Working with all stakeholders from senior management to audiences; you will lead the design of modern learning solutions that contribute to a market leading learning experience for our learners and that delivers business impact for M&S.
- Experience working as a learning consultant specifically delivering learning demand planning and leading design teams through the solutions lifecycle to delivery and review.
- Solution and outcome driven with a strong business perspective.
- Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and commitment to customer and end user experience.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines with a high level of problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects with ambitious deadlines.
- Take initiative, work on your own, and be innovative and creative with course design and facilitation.
- Be teamwork oriented with demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- You’ll need to have experience of managing associated continuous improvement projects, be systems and process driven and have experience in using data to drive future improvements.
- Advanced IT skills, including the use of MS Excel, Word Visio and PowerPoint.
- Strong report writing skills, with the ability to develop, validate and produce reports/user guidance notes, relevant for specific audiences.
- Project management knowledge with the ability to structure, plan, control and co-ordinate multiple tasks.
- Coaching and managing coaching relationships
- Previously led development for senior leaders both in groups and on a 121 basis
- Insights Discovery practitioner
- StregthScope accredited
- Experienced in delivering virtual using the features of MSTeams
- Previously supported the development of fresh L&D talent on their own successful career journey
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk flexible working.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally