Lead Infrastructure Platform Architect – Enterprise Services
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and builddigital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply andsecurely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems thatpower the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back enddevelopers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts , as well as project and programmemanagers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at theBluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple otherlocations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans forcontinued expansion throughout 2021 and beyond, we are currently seeking a Lead InfrastructurePlatform Architect to join HSBC Technology.
HSBC’s Technical Architecture Team is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential technicalguidance & support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. Weare currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our Technical Architecture team as aLead Infrastructure Platform Architect.
If you’re looking for a role where you can continue to make an impression, take the next step atHSBC where your contributions will always be valued.
The Infrastructure Architecture function partners with Application Architecture to:
- Deliver high quality technology platforms with tiered service levels
- Deliver cost savings & efficiency through reduced complexity and automation
- Improve time to market for delivery of services
- Enable effective regulatory, audit & security controls
- Drive productivity & sustainability
What you will be doing;
- Primary responsibility is to define the 3-year strategy for infrastructure technologies used in the Internal (Kubernetes) Container Platform, underpinning the existing Technology Strategy.
- Determine business requirements and align the Platform Strategy with the infrastructure future state model
- Ensure that the new logical design contributes to the technology objectives while identifying opportunities to deprecate existing products
- Responsibilities include managing the infrastructure service definition, vendor engagement and product lifecycles
- Work with infrastructure and application Solution Architects, aligned to the Global Businesses to integrate & optimise the portfolio of infrastructure services used, driving operational improvement & cost efficiencies.
- Work with Product & Platform Owners, DevOps teams, Architecture functions and other key stakeholders including Cybersecurity for ensuring appropriate products & solutions are identified that can be used/consumed by the bank.
- Accountable for ensuring compliance of the products and services with mandatory and regulatory requirements, control objectives in the risk and control framework and technical currency (in line with published standards and guidelines) and, with the architecture function, implementation of the business imperatives
- Ensure service resilience, service sustainability and recovery time objectives are defined for the platform to meet the requirements of the solutions delivered
- This role will support the Head of Middleware architecture and the Enterprise Services Enterprise Architect;
- Delivering new IT service capabilities and managing the lifecycle of existing container platforms
- Produce strategy and adoption patterns for Kubernetes container platforms
- Facilitate application migration to Kubernetes container platforms on internal and external cloud.
- Drive the adoption of a Zero Trust model across the Container platforms
- Migration away from non-strategic technology platforms
- Infrastructure Architecture’s broader focus is to:
- Investigate new infrastructure technologies to meet the IT Infrastructure Delivery & Cybersecurity business requirements.
- Provide technical governance over the Products used in HSBC through the Technical Reference Model (TRM)
- Provide service governance of both existing and new technical non-functional service definitions maintained within an Infrastructure Service Catalogue
- Write and review Infrastructure Architecture high level designs
- Manage relationships across HSBC IT Architecture, IT Infrastructure Delivery and Cybersecurity Application areas on an on-going basis
- Keep up to date with business strategies & road maps; technology roadmaps and feeding wider business IT requirements into central infrastructure engineering and strategy teams
- Use knowledge of the business, applications and infrastructure to make pro-active recommendations where improvements can be made
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector withknowledge of the following skills:
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline or experience performing a similar role
- Provide technical thought leadership in evaluation of new technologies to meet business requirements and influence key stakeholders leading to adoption.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively interact with different groups of stakeholders and external vendor
- Solid experience in in collaborating with relevant business units and functions
- Strong team player who also has the ability to work under pressure, independently and proactively
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Maintain can do attitude and stay positive towards challenges
A system engineering background and the ability to compare and contrast different solutions to meeta business requirement. Have conceptual functional and non-functional knowledge in the followingareas:
- Container Platforms (Kubernetes, Docker, Anthos, OpenShift)
- Server Operating systems internals, benchmarking and performance tuning (Linux, Windows), CPU Microarchitectures (Intel, AMD) & Server Virtualisation (VMware, Xen, Hyper-V, KVM
- Cloud technologies such as Google GCP, Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure, as well as APIs, Kubernetes and the ecosystem
- Automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet or Terraform
- Systems Management Tooling
- Security Technologies such as firewalls, HSMs, proxy servers, IDS/IPS, network segmentation tools
- Identity Access Management (e.g. Active Directory, LDAP, Privileged Access Management tools)
- Web applications servers (Apache HTTP Server & Tomcat, IIS, Websphere)
- Storage (EMC SAN – FC, FCoE, iSCSI, SRDF; NetApp NAS – CIFS, NFS)
- Databases (Oracle RAC, MS SQL & Sybase; VCS & MSCS)
- Middleware (IBM MQ, Real-time Messages/API calls and batch processing)
- Networking, WAN, LAN, (Network Security, micro segmentation, TCP/UDP, Broadcast/Multicast, LAN/WAN)
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture principles & frameworks.
This role will primarily be London or Sheffield based but some travel may be required.
Join our “Women in Architecture Technology” virtual forum to find out about our seniorvacancies on offer; you will hear from some of HSBC’s top leaders about the current and futureimpact of technologists in financial services and how you can be at the centre of thistransformation: Register now
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits forour customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusiveemployer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective ofethnicity, religion, age, physical or mental disability/long term health condition, marital status,sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (includingcharacteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protectedby local law in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
Within the work place you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promoteand achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions.
HSBC has in place processes in order to avoid nepotism, which means to avoid creating circumstancesin which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiringprocess.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance withour Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally