Closing Date: 23/01/2022
Do you want to be part of the largest event ever to be held in the West Midlands?
The Head of Village Integration will play a key management role in developing and delivering a governance framework for the expanding Village team. They will also be responsible for ensuring consistency and cohesion across multiple Village sites in the areas of Operations and Services. They will work with the wider Organising Committee on Operational readiness attainment and will have accountability for specific teams, deliverables and reporting as directed by the Director of Villages.
If you have experience planning and delivering venue and event operations and want to play a pivotal role in delivering Birmingham 2022’s multiple Athlete’s Villages, we would love to hear from you.
- Ensure delivery of a ‘Village Vision of Success’ and associated Service Levels as defined in a Village Concept of Operations and other related documentation to ensure all stakeholder expectations are met.
- Ensure consistency and cohesion across multiple Villages for operations and services as they relate to a ‘single village entity’ i.e. Command, Coordination and Communication, Accommodation Allocation, Workforce Training etc.
- Ensure the Village General Managers are leading planning and Games-time delivery at each of the four Birmingham Villages and one Satellite Village in an integrated and consistent manner.
- Lead the development and delivery of the Resident and Athlete Services teams and operations across the Villages.
- Lead the development of recruitment plans and strategies, onboarding and training of workforce with the Workforce and Training Manager.
- Ensure integrated and coordinated response to the changing Village delivery model and other impacts of COVID-19.
- Undertake reviews for quality and completeness of key planning documents as required to add value, including supporting the development of optimised Games-time solutions, including challenging previous Games ‘norms’, and undertaking and/or facilitating the development of supporting analysis and documentation.
- Support the attainment of operational readiness, working with the Organising Committee’s central readiness team and Operations departments to ensure coordination and alignment of the approach, with specific focus on Village department plans, policies and procedures.
Please see the job description for a full breakdown of the position responsibilities.
Skills and Experience Required
- Significant experience in a similar role involving planning and delivering venue and event operations.
- Understanding and delivery of quality client service.
- Proven track record of managing successful and varied teams on large, complex projects.
- An understanding of resource management procedures.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic working environment, handling multiple tasks within a multicultural environment.
Why You Should Work For The Games
Joining the Games team will provide you with a unique once in a lifetime opportunity to gain new skills and make new connections. After the Games, we will assist you with finding new opportunities via our outplacement programme, designed to support you in the next chapter of your career.
Start date: ASAP
Contract: Fixed-term contract until August 2022
Location: One Brindley Place, Birmingham (full time office-based)
Salary: circa £70,000 per annum
This position is subject to a basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Birmingham 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We have received the Leaders in Diversity award through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles “FREDIE” (Fairness – Respect – Equality – Diversity – Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Birmingham 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally