Salary and Benefits: Competitive package
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet.
As Head of Product within the Apps domain, you’ll lead all aspects of and support the end-to-end product management process from strategy creation, product planning and build, to launch and optimisation, coordinating with business partners throughout that lifecycle. Acting as the voice of the ‘customer’, you’ll translate needs into a product roadmap and backlog, constantly prioritise and develop the team’s capacity to improve customer and business value.
So, if you’d like to support us in crafting outstanding digital products, please keep reading!
Key accountabilities and measures
- Run sophisticated market analysis (e.g. Marketing, Editioral, Merch) and understand the rationale behind competitor’s strategy.
- Build a long-term view of the industry and product domain and communicate to wider business.
- Facilitate ideation across M&S and build a product vision and strategy for the portfolio of products within your domain. Make decisions on which products to grow, maintain and stop.
- Construct Business Cases for strategic epics which demonstrate the ability to weigh up multiple competing business cases and can test the assumptions of each to ensure the right product development is prioritised.
- Communicate regularly with senior business partners (e.g. BU Heads), ensuring the roadmap aligns with achieving the strategic goals.
- Plan & execute work that includes sophisticated problem resolution and innovative solutions across multiple teams and domains.
- Set clear objectives and key results for new epics, working in conjunction with analytics and other functions as the need arises.
- Lead customer focus and promote efficiency in delivering value both internally and externally through the team’s management of the product lifecycle.
- You are accountable the business readiness for your product group, defining the business readiness strategy for the team, liaising with all parties involved to clearly communicate what will be released.
- Work with PMs on establishing objectives at the start of a project which can be used to measure efficiency post go live. Ensures the communication of results to team and stakeholders are clear and informative, presenting decisions/recommendations to optimise or stop new epics/features. Keeps track of results and ensures full team is carrying out Post release analysis.
- Own the data reporting for the domain and regularly share with the business.
- Build strategic relationships outside of team throughout business. Supports product managers on larger projects & strategy. Supports team in building positive team culture.
- Line manage Senior Product Managers / Product Managers in their domain, driving performance, supporting them in their daily work as well as career planning, conducting performance reviews.
- Drive change through challenging people to produce their best work and stretch their thinking and ability.
- Empower others by involving them in decision making, by delegating tasks and responsibilities and by providing appropriate information.
- Extensive experience in product management, demonstrating successful development and delivery of product strategies, roadmaps through to product launch and optimisation.
- Extensive experience and passion for the relevant product area and a deep understanding of the customer.
- Excellent technical capability.
- Experience of leading successful delivery in an Agile software environment to deliver customer-led outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills and strong experience in taking care of business partners – relatability to non-technical business users and technical resources.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent requirements / competitive analysis skills, pricing and financial planning.
- You are a connector, bringing people together you help make improvements even in areas you do not own.
- You have the ability to strongly influence decisions.
- Experience leading strategic shifts in product strategy.
- An authority in growth strategies, securing business wide support to launch compelling go to market strategies.
- Experience unlocking the power of mobile to digitise experiences within physical space (e.g. retail, travel, banking etc).
- You must love and advocate the potential mobile has to uniquely solve customer problems, crafting outstanding and memorable experiences.
There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk smart/flexible working.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally