Salary and Benefits: Competitive + Benefits
M&S Food is changing, and fast! We are undergoing one of the biggest transformations in retailing today to build a bigger, better, fresher food business.
From Percy Pig to the freshest M&S Select Farms produce, we grow, source, and develop our own products to give our customers family-ready food that’s unbeatable on flavour and innovation.
We need motivated people who are ready to bring their whole self to work and give it their all in a fast-paced team committed to being the best. After all, this is not just food… This is M&S Food.
In this new role of Head of Health, Nutrition and Sustainable Eating we are looking for someone to deliver and define the team and skills needed to successfully lead and deploy our Health, Nutrition and Sustainable Eating strategy. If you have previous experience in a leadership role in health, nutrition and sustainability, using innovation and taking people with you then you may be just what we are looking for.
Taking full responsibility for the leadership of the team and strategy from stakeholder engagement to delivering the plan through category teams and other food group functions other responsibilities will include:
- Direct and deliver the Health, Nutrition and Sustainable Eating Strategy. Ensuring this meets the needs of our customers, shareholders and puts M&S Food at the forefront of Health, Nutrition and sustainable eating.
- The ability to leverage science based innovation to create market leading propositions for our customers in Health and Sustainable Eating.
- Inspire and develop the team to act as ‘go to’ experts that actively support, challenge and drive the agenda within the categories they work in.
- Act as a beacon for this agenda in the wider M&S Food Leadership group, driving awareness, change and stretch our thinking with regards to what is possible, in the pursuit of winning in Health, Nutrition and Sustainable eating.
- Continue your own professional development to ensure that M&S remains at the forefront in this area.
- Lead the business through the application of future regulation related to this area. Finding customer focused solutions that add value to the M&S business.
- Crafting new and innovative ways of doing things to demonstrate flexibility, open-mindedness and adaptability to a rapidly changing business and Health environment.
- Develop effective working relationships with representatives of other organisations, and where appropriate local, national, NGO, government, EU and International organisations.
- Provide key stakeholders with regular and up-to-date information on Health, Nutrition and Sustainable Eating issues and developments
- Represent the M&S business externally.
You will need:
- Strong leadership skills
- Significant experience in Health, Nutrition and Sustainable Eating.
- Professional qualification in Health & Nutrition or equivalent.
- Ability to lead and inspire a team to high performance.
- In-depth knowledge of the Health, Nutrition and Sustainable Eating agenda.
- Ability to read, analyse, interpret and present Health, Nutrition and Sustainable Eating technical information
- Experience of crafting policy documentation to enable consistent delivery of compliance
- Flexibility, open-mindedness and adaptability to find solutions to challenges in a rapidly changing business and regulatory environment.
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk flexible working.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email email@example.com so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally