Salary and Benefits: £Competitive + Benefits
We are excited to be recruiting for a Head of Corporate Strategy to join us in our Waterside offices on a 6-month FTC. This is a great opportunity to get involved in some pivotal, strategic projects that will help shape the future of M&S.
Key accountabilities and measures
- Acquire and evaluate information about industry and market trends, competitive threats and possible business opportunities
- Support in defining the strategic direction of the business over a rolling 5-year period – developing a range of strategic options including M&A
- Driving the problem solving, including identifying key issues and developing effective solutions
- Develop innovative and creative solutions to some of the most challenging problems facing the business, and understand how to get these implemented
- Work with the Business Units and Leadership teams to ensure the solutions are truly co-developed and owned at a local level
- Support the Finance Directors in shaping the financial planning and reporting process, ensuring all strategic opportunities are supported with robust financials
- Produce clear, understandable, unambiguous, engaging, and convincing reports for the leadership teams and relevant partners, which will play a central role in influencing strategic decision-making across the business
- Lead, develop and motivate team of Strategy Managers and Analysts
- Managing communications across key stakeholders, including director and ExCo level
- Experience in a strategy leadership position in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- A consistent track record of success at a top-tier management consulting firm
- Ideally, a mix of strategy consulting and corporate strategy experience with top business leadership and a proven ability to work in a cross-functional and matrix business environment.
- An excellent current knowledge of the UK retail market (key players, major trends etc.) as well as a broader understanding of global retail markets
- Considerable experience of end-to-end management and delivery of complex strategic problems (e.g., project set up, problem solving, solution development supported by analytical assessment, option evaluation and recommendation generation)
- To be commercially astute with the ability to understand how commercial decisions impact the broader business context
- Experience of bringing creativity and innovation to your problem solving
- Ability to move a cross-functional group and senior business leadership in a unified direction and with a unified vision
- Excellent written and verbal communication and the ability to demonstrate credibility in dealings with stakeholders at all levels
- Interpersonal Skills: must be a passionate team-builder, have an ability to work well with multi-functional teams, be a strategic and creative thinker, comfortable with ambiguity, have a positive can-do attitude, and work well in a constantly evolving environment.
- Open and welcoming to change, be result oriented, be self-motivated and proactive, have outstanding problem-solving skills, and demonstrate an ability to stay calm under stress and uncertainty, influencing the same in their team.
- Flexible working approach, with a balance of being in the office and working from home
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) + 1 celebration day
- 20% discount on M&S products
- A range of wellbeing support (including free counselling and a virtual GP for you and immediate family)
- 25% off gym memberships, access to online fitness classes and discounts for complementary health services, such as nutrition and lifestyle coaching
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk flexible working. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email email@example.com so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally