Salary and Benefits: Competitive Package
This is not just any Finance team…this is the M&S Food Finance team
M&S Food is changing, and fast! We are undergoing one of the biggest transformations in retailing today to build a bigger, better, fresher food business. From Percy Pig to the freshest M&S Select Farms produce, we grow, source and develop our own products to give our customers family-ready food that’s unbeatable on flavour and innovation.
M&S Food is forging ahead on a business transformation and Finance is playing a key role fully embedded into the business. As we partner with the business on this transformation, we are also embarking on our own course of creating and living the finance team of the future.
We now have an opportunity to join the M&S Food Finance team, partnering with the Marketing and Product Development teams and supporting them to deliver their strategic and financial plan.
This role will play a pivotal part in supporting the business to deliver innovative products that drive the right commercial return, together with helping to maximise return on our marketing spend. You will also support the annual budgeting process for both functions and track progress against this throughout the year.
We are looking for someone who will build excellent relationships with our business partners and who can be both in the detail, but also with the ability to maintain sight of the overall big picture.
- Analysis of new product performance across the Food Group, sharing insights with the Product Development team to influence future product strategy
- Support PD team in tightening controls, and tracking compliance over the end-to-end product launch process
- Work with other parts of the Business to develop our reporting and understanding of the end-to-end cost of product development
- Identify and implement operational improvements surrounding financial reporting for new product launches, including visibility of the future product pipeline
- Working with the Food Marketing team to optimise spend of their annual budget, ensuring maximum value and return on this spend, identifying and implementing cost saving opportunities
- Manage Food Marketing cost base, supporting the delivery of Budget through identification and management of R&O’s
- Lead point of contact with the FP&A team, responsibility for the review and submission of month and quarter end variance analysis (prepared by shared service centre)
- Work with the Marketing and Product Development teams to build and review Budgets and maintain rolling forecasts throughout the year
Skills you will need:
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Excellent business partnering skills, including managing those who are non-finance at a senior level
- Comfortable dealing with large data sets
- Structured and logical problem solver
- Self-starter who possesses the ability and strive to operate independently
- Consistently maintaining integrity and a sense of professionalism
- Strong organisation skills and flexible approach
- Collaborative approach, with natural style that builds strong network with finance and non-finance colleagues
If you are enthusiastic about driving the business forward, living the transformation and working together as an impactful team, then M&S Food Finance will whet your appetite!
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That’s why we’re revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There’s never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk lexible working.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. If you consider yourself to have a disability or learning difficulty which means you are unable to complete the application process online, please get in touch either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email email@example.com so we can make alternative arrangements for you.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally