At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Starting in 2022, the two-year scheme will see the successful applicants undertake four six-month placements across a number of key disciplines, in different UK locations.
The scheme will provide the successful graduate a chance to cover a diverse range of areas, fundamental to understanding successful Engineering roles within Boeing. We put an emphasis on learning in the workplace with live projects, working across multiple teams and location, supported by theoretical learning and support from colleagues and the Early Careers team.
The successful candidate will perform a number of roles during their time on the scheme interacting with multiple areas of the company such as Boeing Defence UK (BDUK), Boeing Commercial Aviation Services Europe Limited (BCASEL), or Boeing Flight Service (BFS).
Rotations may involve working on any of the following areas:
- Technical/Testing Services. Whilst in placement with the Aircraft Modification Team, you will be compiling engineering accomplishment documentation, drawings and instructions for continued airworthiness including. Click here for more information on this area.
- Experimentation and Analysis. Within the E&A team, you will gain exposure to a state-of-the art modelling, simulation and analysis facility. This area uses advanced technologies and Operations Analysis methodology to support customers’ needs to explore and understand requirements and solve problems in both the defence and security domains, and BDUK programmes.
- Training Engineering. This area supports innovative training solutions to ensure that customers are correctly trained to operate and maintain a range of Boeing aircraft. This area uses a range of sophisticated training equipment and tools, applies logic and engineering best practice to support the design of innovative training solutions, including synthetic training equipment (simulators) and courseware.
- Structures and Build. Here, you will have the opportunity to leverage your technical knowledge, expertise and continuous improvement methods to provide safe and reliable solutions that maximize value for our customers in an agile and responsive manner.
- Systems Engineering. This team collaborates across the full breadth of the engineering functions within BDUK to develop products through their lifecycle. Here you will collaborate with multiple functions inside and outside of Engineering to deliver first time quality
- Mission Systems. This team utilise specialist skillsets to provide quantitative and qualitative product analysis to the customer, utilising robust model-based systems engineering techniques to provide first time quality
- Service Engineering. This function supports various platforms across BDUK through provision of on-site technical support and the maintenance, repair and overhaul for platform components.
- Support Engineering. Working with the Technical Data Exploitation Team supporting the iconic Chinook helicopter, you will have the opportunity to interact across a wide range of teams as part of the evidence gathering and investigation process, as well as present evidence-based conclusions in a written report is an important aspect of the integrated logistics support.
- Mission Assurance. This function provides Engineering candour and best practice to ensure Boeing products remain compliant to safety standards and airworthiness requirements.
- Quality Engineering. This function reaches across the breadth of Engineering in BDUK to ensure best practice is implemented such that we can continually reach our highest Engineering standards.
- Industrial Engineering. Working as a core part of the team delivering our modification and maintenance programmes you will develop, implement and evaluate processes to optimize operational efficiency. You will use mathematical, process and simulation models to optimize use and integration of facilities, equipment, materials, processes and personnel.
Please click here for more information on many of these areas.
Within our Graduate scheme you will also have the opportunity to;
- Work directly with a mentor in your field of study while finding solutions to real world problems
- Experience our products and systems up close
- Direct interaction with our company leaders
- Build a lasting professional network
- Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in Boeing
- Experience multiple Boeing locations around the UK
- Work towards attaining professional qualification
- Explore a function outside of Engineering
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Qualified to degree level in aeronautical, mechanical, electrical engineering or similar technical degree
- Confidence or willingness to present and host meetings
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to discuss ideas and concepts with stakeholders of all levels.
- To have forward thinking mind-set and self-motivated
- Effective communication skills
Essential Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- The ability to obtain UK Security Clearance
Important information regarding this requisition: This position does not have sponsorship approval. This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally