Following the recent award of the Cambridgeshire Highway Services, Milestone are looking to recruit multi skilled Highways Maintenance Operatives to work as part of a team undertaking a range of civils, groundwork and specialist highway maintenance activities. We have vacancies for the role of Dragon Patcher driver/operatives, this is a key role to support the introduction of the Milestone Dragon Patcher to deliver a preventative repair solution to our clients. The primary responsibility will be to drive and operate the Dragon Patcher in a safe manner and to the required specification. Full training will be given to the successful applicant. We offer competitive rates of basic pay plus additional call out and winter maintenance payments and excellent training and career progression opportunities.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To assist in the improvement and maintenance of the highways network
- Take on a key role in the set-up of the Dragon Patcher operations
- Day to day maintenance of the Dragon Patcher
- To promote our health and safety culture and be responsible for undertaking works in a safe and compliant manner
- To be responsible for undertaking programmed maintenance works as directed
- Undertake Location of Works Risk Assessments prior to commencing works on all sites
- All associated related paperwork
- To undertake emergency call out and winter gritting duties as directed
In addition to the Dragon Patcher activities/duties you may be at times asked to work as part of the operations team undertaking various duties including excavation works, laying and levelling of kerbs, slabs and bitumen macadam, drainage and gully installations
- To ensure that reasonable care is taken at all times for the health, safety and welfare of own and other persons and to comply with all local and statutory Health & Safety procedures
- To operate Dragon Patcher and other small plant and equipment used in highway maintenance.
- To install traffic management under instruction in accordance with method statements with guidance as necessary
- To ensure that work undertaken is in line with company standards
- To respond to customers both internal and external in a courteous and helpful manner.
- To ensure that all paperwork is completed fully and in accordance to the deadlines
- To maintain a professional appearance appropriate to the work environment.
- To undertake any duty that may be required by your manager/supervisor
- To participate in an out of hours emergency call out system covering the Cambridgeshire network
It is important that all members of staff are prepared to take on additional duties or relinquish existing duties in order to maintain efficient delivery of service on the Cambridgeshire Highway Services Contract. The call out/winter gritting rota is paid on a stand-by/call out basis so is in addition to the basic salary.
At Milestone we embrace diversity, opening a rich potential for new ways of thinking and helping us to build successful and winning teams. We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process; and as a Disability Confident employer, if you require any adjustments that would assist you throughout your application, please contact us at email@example.com or inform the recruitment manager in the first instance and we will be pleased to offer support.
We also welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview, whether this is part-time working, home working, or any other alternative. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
This is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Milestone. The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the Business.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally