About the group
The Morningstar Direct group is the home of Morningstar’s flagship software product. We work to serve the needs of professional investors in the Wealth and Asset Management firms. Morningstar Direct & Reporting connects the product, research, business intelligence, marketing, and wholesaling groups within these firms, and drives efficiency across their primary manufacturing, distribution, and marketing workflows by leveraging Morningstar’s data, research, analytics, and reporting capabilities.
About the Role
Morningstar is looking for an experienced Director leading the EMEA product management team and executing the product strategy by delivering our short- and long-term roadmap for Direct & Reporting. A strong focus of this role will be on ESG investing, making sure that our own ESG data, content and analytic capabilities enable our clients to incorporate ESG seamlessly into their workflows. The Director will be driving a dedicated ESG squad partnering with all areas of the business unit including Tech, Design and Product Marketing. In that role you will act as a subject matter expert for ESG and translate market trends, customer needs, competitive intelligence, and our powerful intellectual property into great product deliverables. By combining the subject matter expertise and leadership skills, you will serve as a role model for our great values at Morningstar.
The right candidate will have a successful track record in owning and executing an innovative software product roadmap and will be a perfect fit for our strong product and team culture to empower investor success. A strong grasp of the current industry and competitive landscape is mandatory.
We are looking for an ambitious product manager and team player with the ability to meaningful contribute to go-to-market efforts and a desire to drive deliveries with strong partnerships and alignment within the Direct family and across Morningstar.
This role reports to the Head of Product Management for Direct & Reporting.
• Become a key part of our product management leader team who you will partner and collaborate closely with to develop and deliver meaningful software experiences to our customers.
• Own, drive and deliver the product roadmap for Direct & Reporting in EMEA with a special focus on ESG. Constantly exchange and align with development and design teams to deliver enhancements and new capabilities on time.
• Partner and closely align with our colleagues from Sustainalytics on strategy and product implementation of existing and new ESG data
• Work closely with client-facing teams from sales, service and success to ensure that our client is at the center of all we do. Partner with product marketing to put the right messaging in place to ensure that our clients benefit from the latest and greatest within Direct & Reporting.
• Provide critical requirements for the markets in EMEA regarding data, analytics, and workflow needs to our data and software development teams for inclusion in product development.
• Demonstrate product capabilities to existing and potential clients, including functionality and methodology – serving as an expert for our internal stakeholder.
• Translate product strategies into clear objectives and key results. Deliver against key performance indicators (KPIs) and measurements of product success (product revenue, product profitability, customer satisfaction, quality etc.).
• Have a good understanding of the competitive landscape and identify potential targets for partnerships and / or acquisitions.
• 10+ years’ experience with at least 5+ years’ experience in product management andor product marketing for a global software or analytics company.
• Subject matter expertise in the ESG space is a plus.
• MBA with a focus on finance, economics, computer science or related fields.
• Excellent oral and written communication, planning, and analytical skills.
• Knowledge and experience with agile development and challenging prioritization decisions.
• Ability to structure, manage, and coordinate complex cross-functional tasks and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels.
• Self-motivated to work in an ambitious team with tight deadlines across global teams in various time zones.
• Bring yourself to work in a trusted environment with a lot of career opportunities and become part of a team that has fun at work.
• Multilingual is a plus. A bachelor’s degree is required. Knowledge of Morningstar products is expected.
301_MstarEurLtd Morningstar Europe Ltd (UK) Legal Entity
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally