***This is a work from home position that can be worked remotely anywhere in Europe***
The Director, Business Development, effectively identifies and pursues new and existing business opportunities while enhancing relationships with existing clients, keeps abreast of industry trends, competitors’ services and acquisitions, and works in conjunction with leadership to develop and respond to new and existing business development opportunities. The Director, Business Development, will develop short and long-term BD strategies within their assigned territory and/or account list. The Director, Business Development, will enter all client information into ERecruit and other company systems and will work effectively with all internal functions to drive sales.
Advanced Clinical is a global clinical development organization that provides CRO, FSP, and Strategic Resourcing services for biopharmaceutical and medical device organizations. Our mission is to deliver a better clinical experience for our clients. With global experience in over 50 countries, we are committed to improving all lives touched by clinical research. We understand the complex nature of the clinical research industry and approach each opportunity with compassion. Together, we answer the hopes of patients and healthcare professionals with industry-leading services in global life-sciences. As part of the Advanced Group family of companies, Advanced Clinical employees provide the support, structure, and professional background and experience for better clinical trials and research. They are the foundation of our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take top priority. We seek dynamic, hard-working team members who are inspired to work amongst diverse backgrounds and perspectives. From our altruistic mission to outstanding career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Advanced Clinical.
- Introduce and maintain long-term client relationships resulting in the expansion of client base across our Solutions service offerings (CRO and FSP)
- Directly implement initiatives to help build awareness of Advanced Clinical capabilities and services
- Discover immediate needs of target market through leads and follow-ups, executing internal and external initiatives to drive bookings and profitable growth
- Use of prospecting tools, sources of industry information, referral networks, and personal relationships to directly research, target, and approach new business opportunities. Must be comfortable “cold calling” and strategically prospecting within new accounts.
- Support direct sales by creating and participating in sales meetings, presentations, and the Proposal process
- Enter all sales related information in ERecruit
- Schedule meetings with current and potential clients at industry meetings and trade shows and generate associated follow up
- Track and monitor adherence to the client contracting process
- Work collaboratively with all functions that support Business Development, inclusive of proposals, legal, finance, and all functional leadership, promoting a team-selling environment
- Adhere to Advanced Clinical employee handbook and SOP’s
- Adhere to strict code of confidentiality as it relates to study subjects, sponsors, physicians, and policies and procedures of Advanced Clinical
- Provide excellent customer service to all parties involved in the clinical study process
- This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business or healthcare related field
- 3-5 years of business development experience within a CRO and or clinical trials environment
- Experience across CRO, FSP, and Staffing business development with the ability to understand the differences in sales cycles and customer interactions
- Consultative and collaborative approach when dealing with customers and internal team members
- Hands-on, collaborative style
- Data-driven and focused on results over activity
- Present a professional company image and presence
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills with ability to effectively communicate and sell his/her ideas at all levels. Listens well and seeks input from others.
- Proven ability to generate new ideas, processes, and strategies to improve the department and ensure the success of sales for the company
- Knowledge of the industry, inclusive of competitors
- Unquestionable personal integrity
- Computer skills including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
Minimum Training Requirements
- The below list includes the general training subject, and not necessarily the exact name of the training course obtained.
- Applicable Standard Operating Procedures
- Good Clinical Practices (Regulations; ICH Guidelines; Applicable guidance documents)
At Advanced Group, our commitment to diversity and inclusion in every part of our organization is crucial to fulfilling our mission and demonstrating our REAL values. A diverse staff allows us to effectively draw on different perspectives and enhance our efficiency and effectiveness. Diversity thereby strengthens the legitimacy and relevance of Advanced Group in delivering services to our clients. We seek talented, creative individuals from a variety of backgrounds and cultures to work with us. It is our priority that our workplace be inclusive, welcoming of diverse ideas and appreciative of valuable experience.
It is Advanced Group’s practice not to discriminate against any Employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This practice applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, layoff, Company-sponsored education, social and recreational programs, and treatment on the job. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your Recruiter so that we can meet to discuss the appropriate alternatives available.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally