Salary and Benefits: Competitive plus benefits
Our Logistics Teams are right at the heart of our ability to deliver the products our customers want through a service they love. As shopping habits continue to change, it has enabled our transformation into a truly multi-channel retailer. Turning points include the development of our own platform to give us greater control; the creation of an E-Commerce distribution centre; international websites and in-store technologies to improve the customer experience. We’re transforming at M&S and this role is an excellent opportunity to make a substantial contribution to our success!
An exciting and multidimensional opportunity has arisen to join our Clothing & Home Logistics Operations Team as a Freight Assistant Manager focusing on our Data Integrity and Internal Reporting. You will be managing the maintenance and data accuracy of our inbound freight from specific regions that come into the country whether that be by air, rail, road or sea. You will be working mostly with M&S origin sourcing offices, external freight providers, M&S UK Warehouses, and M&S UK transport.
The role is based out of our Welham Green Distribution Centre. However, the location is also flexed between our Support Office in Paddington, one of our satellite sites and remote working so willingness to travel is key.
Key responsibilities, amongst others, will include:
- Day to day management of our internal systems, Editrack and SAP + daily reporting requirements
- Forecasting and planning analysis / reporting
- Peak planning and reporting management of
- Working with the UK Inbound Supply Chain team and other departments to review / identify their data requirements
- Working closely with the M&S off-shore Logistics teams in the various global Sourcing Offices with data analysis.
- Driving the highest quality data for the Logistics Operations Team through the application of data quality techniques
- Responsible for the creation and ongoing maintenance of SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedure’s), with our external freight providers, (3rd Party + 4th Party)
To be successful in this role, you will need to be familiar with UK Logistics distribution networks and Freight Import Operations by sea, air, road and rail modes. With an understanding of the challenges that they present. In addition, you will need:
- An analytical approach with the ability to analyse situations and data to identify any potential risks or opportunities
- Be highly organised with an eye for detail and diligent in your working approach
- A phenomenal communicator who enjoys working with globally located teams on various time zones.
- A good Knowledge of business IT and PowerBI and Advanced Excel skills
This is a great time to join our business at an exciting time of transformation and change and in exchange for your experience we will reward you with a competitive salary and market leading benefits package.
Interested? We would love to hear from you!
Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact. We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process. Applicants with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation either by phone on 0345 300 3725 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork – LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally