Credit Data & Analytics Lead
bp Trading & Shipping Finance
Our finance professionals play a vital role in creating value and managing risk as we reimagine energy. As trusted advisors, finance is transforming how the business plans and performs. Join us to be part of an expert, integrated team generating value across bp!
As a Lead- Credit Data & Analytic you will become an active member of the extended global Credit team within bp’s Trading & Shipping business. Your key focus will be to help develop quantitative models and reporting tools and you will be given an opportunity to play a key role on an exciting high profile multi-million-dollar systems roadmap. You will also be at the cutting edge of data exploration activities in order to help drive efficiencies via automated tools, provide valuable insights as well as tackle business problems using data.
Specific accountabilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Contribute to the development of current and new Credit MI, metrics, dashboards and decision tools in order to gain accurate and timely insight into bp’s Credit Risk drivers.
- Create, implement, and support credit risk quantitative models for the trading business using a wide variety of mathematical and computer science methods and tools including C++, C#, Java, object oriented software design, Python , Structured Query Language (SQL), mathematical finance/ programming and statistics and probability
- Support various technology and systems initiatives.
- Develop strong understanding of bp Credit Risk frameworks as well as acquire strong commercial awareness.
- Develop knowledge to build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to Credit function, bp Senior Leadership Team or the wider organisation.
- Understand and utilise machine learning tools and statistical techniques to produce solutions to problems.
- Maintain clear and coherent communication, both verbal and written, to understand data needs and report results.
- Remain up to date with the latest technology, techniques and methods.
- Stay curious and enthusiastic about exploring new risk modelling concepts, algorithms and data exploration methods to solve problems and enthuse others to see the benefit of your work.
Essential Experience & Job Requirements
- Strong knowledge of commodities/energy credit risk exposure modelling concepts and credit pricing.
- Knowledge of Probability of Default (PD) / Loss Given Default (LGD) / Exposure at Default (EAD)/ PFE modelling
- Experience in any of the following software development environments: Python / VBA / Java / C++/ C#/SQL.
- Effective listening skills in order to understand business requirements.
- Team-working skills and a collaborative approach to sharing ideas and finding solutions.
- Comfort working with ambiguity, framing and solving problems in an iterative manner.
- Strong academic background including at least a Bachelor’s degree (Computational Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or Physics preferred) or equivalent.
Desirable Experience & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to interpret complex business scenarios and produce accurate analysis and MI/Data solutions under pressure.
- Prior exposure to energy commodity trading, credit risk/quant roles.
- An excellent understanding and validated commercial experience using machine learning techniques.
- Experience with using Numerix and Dataiku platforms.
Bp is open to supporting agile work arrangements including but not limited to flexibility with respect to hours, location, remote working and full vs. part-time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Family Group
Join us in a crucial time of transition. We are bringing all of our finance and procurement activities for the group into one place, enabling better work.
For you this means working with us on:
Compliance – efficiently delivering external reporting requirements to ensure we continue to meet our regulatory obligations in all jurisdictions, supported by robust control environment across all three lines of defence.
Stewardship – laying out a robust finance framework and providing ongoing management of the balance sheet and portfolio execution, supported by effective advocacy to the market.
Performance – facilitating the effective allocation of capital, development of business plans and coordination of business performance interventions to ensure a consistent delivery between strategic aspirations, operational forecasts and delivered outcomes. Furthermore, you will be responsible for value creation through mergers and acquisition-led deals, commercial negotiations and integration of business opportunities.
Transformation – driving digital transformation (centralising, digitising, optimising) across all elements of the finance entity to achieve sector-leading cost-performance.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally