We are Assurant. An innovative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to make sure small problems don’t become big issues.
At Assurant, diversity helps us drive innovation in the global marketplace, and we are strong believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients & customers. To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
Our continued significant year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies that will excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customer base.
You’ll be working with a team of very like-minded colleagues, you’ll be a decision maker and problem solver. And with access to senior leaders, your career opportunities will grow as you do. Most importantly you’ll be at the start of an ambitious growth period for Assurant across our European businesses. You might be part of a smaller business looking to step-up to the next level. Or, you might be part of a large organisation, but are looking for the next challenge. Whatever your background, this opportunity will help build all our futures.
The Buyer will enable the operational effectiveness of the Procurement team by supporting contracting, supplier onboarding, spend analysis and reporting. There will also be an opportunity to own specific spend categories and lead on commercial negotiation and supplier selection supporting our functional teams.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- For any contract <£100k, where our functional teams have negotiated the commercial terms, provide support to put in place a contract and DPA
- To conduct basic contract analysis and validation to ensure that supplier terms and conditions including service level agreements are compliant, ensuring all key issues are escalated either within Procurement or to Legal
- Complete vendor due-diligence actions (financial health check etc) on all contracts presented to Procurement
- To pull together a contract signatory package to include email from the budget holder, legal (if required), the contract and DPA, the vendor due-diligence activity.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, knowledge and expertise;
- Good knowledge of procurement, negotiation, key contracting principles and a basic commercial acumen
- Ability to read supplier contracts and identify key issues for our stakeholders, Pocurement and Legal
- Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
To review the full list of responsibilities and requirements, please download the job description which can be found on our careers website
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be. And from flexible working to healthcare support, from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us.
This employer is a corporate member of myGwork, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally