At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
Boeing delivers leading-edge platforms, technology, services and capabilities to bring the best value to the Ministry of Defence (MOD) and UK national security services.
Major UK programmes such as Apache, Chinook, C-17, P-8A and Wedgetail are supported and delivered by Boeing Defence UK (BDUK), a subsidiary of The Boeing Company. Employing more than 1,400 people, BDUK also provides engineering sustainment and support for aircraft in service with the UK armed forces, along with virtual and instructor-led training. Leveraging our established defence business in the UK, and blending our local expertise with our ‘One Boeing’ global approach, BDUK is well positioned to support the UK with its current and future defence and security challenges.
We have an exciting opportunity to join the growing Global Sales & Marketing (GS&M) team as a Bid Manager (capture team lead), focused on leading large scale, complex Public Sector competitive bids to continue the growth of the Boeing Defence UK (BDUK)
The Global Sales and Marketing Team is expanding to strengthen future competitive bidding, deepen experience and deliver further business growth. We are looking for individuals who enjoy the challenge of competitive bidding, and who have experience winning Public Sector tenders. The role will report to Reporting to the Head of New Business Capture and will lead key campaigns across multiple domains within the BDUK business as a Capture Team Lead. This position is primarily based at our Bristol office with remote working when not required on site. We will do our utmost to develop you and to ensure that you progress within the team, and enjoy a full career with the Boeing Company. At Boeing we’re committed to rewarding excellence and fostering an inclusive environment where team members are seen, heard, valued, respected and fully engaged.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Develop in depth customer/market knowledge across multiple market domains to lead the development of capabilities/solutions and offerings to meet external customer needs
- Develop and maintain superior customer relationships, primarily across Defence but also within other Government Departments & Agencies
- Understand how UK Defence works to enable appropriate customer engagement across key campaigns (Centre, Capability Branches, Front Line Command, DE&S etc)
- Develop and maintain internal relationships across BDUK to support campaign activity and help promote a capture centric business culture
- Own Responsibility, Accountability, and Authority for the development, management, and execution of new business campaign plans in accordance with the Integrated Business Acquisition Planning (IBAP) process
- Support preparation of winning proposals including development of themes and discriminators, executive summary, reviewing the statement of work, cost estimates, and pricing to ensure customer requirements are met and to improve our competitive position
- Monitor proposal status to ensure timely responses
- Take Responsibility for campaign lessons learned (LL) – review of historic lessons, capture of new lessons and a champion of the LL process
- Leverage campaigns to understand further market opportunities
- Lead capture teams on call plans, contact plans and white paper development
- Actively participate in business, defence industry and professional forums and associations to enhance Boeing’s image
- Anticipate customer requirements and manages customer expectations
Preferred experience and qualifications:
- The successful candidate will have extensive experience of managing and delivering large scale, complex bids, ideally with a successful track record of winning Public Sector contracts
- You will need to be highly competitive and passionate about winning bids and lead from the front from campaign initiation to contract award.
- In depth knowledge of the UK Defence Sector
- Strong, proven team leader
- Led a Capture program, or a major segment of a large New Business Capture
- Proposal development experience as Proposal Manager or Deputy CTL
- Developing specific campaign strategies & tactics to leverage the Boeing competitive advantage
- Demonstrated ability to organise, build, manage and lead teams is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability and experience in working with a variety of business cultures and disciplines in order to ensure the achievement of common goals
- Prior CTL and bid and proposal experience, with an understanding of the business winning best practice
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office inc. Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience of developing campaign plans, proposal documentation and work packages, including risks and opportunities
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally