At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
A new position for a Product and Services Safety (P&SS) Assurance Lead to lead the Safety Assurance strategy for Boeing Defence UK (BDUK)
The role will be providing Safety Assurance technical leadership to the BDUK P&SS Senior Manager. The individual will be responsible for updating and executing the BDUK Assurance strategy across all BDUK programmes and sites.
This will involve engagement across multiple platforms and sites as you coordinate safety assurance inputs and ensure that a suitable and effective audit surveillance spectrum is established across all BDUK sites and sub-contractors
Technical leadership across this domain will involve leading and mentoring the SMS team on safety audit, gap analysis and developing assurance information to support the BDUK P&SS Risk Lead. It will also involve working closely with the BDUK Quality and System Safety Teams to ensure the audit spectrum is coordinated and that assurance information from all teams is blended to create a holistic approach to safety assurance
The BDUK P&SS Assurance Lead is responsible for the following roles in support of the BDUK P&SS Senior Manager:
- The design and implementation of the BDUK Safety Assurance strategy
- Interface with the BDUK Quality Department and System / Environmental team to provide a dove-tailed assurance spectrum for BDUK products and services.
- Work with partners such as Supply Chain, Commercial and Programmes on Safety Assurance activities
- Impact assessment of future regulation changes to ensure effective compliance with military safety regulations
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring of the BDUK Safety Audit team
- Oversight of BDUK SMS interfaces including safety auditing of sub-contractors
- Lead on Internal 1st party audit for SMS effectiveness and safety performance
- Act as the primary liaison for external audit; regulatory and 3rd party
- Work closely with the BDUK Risk Lead, Reporting Lead and Chief Safety Information to provide assurance information to constructs such as risk reviews, heatmaps and Incident XP information.
- Investigation support to the BDUK SMS team where required
- Coordination and support to the BDUK SMS meetings including material preparation
Travel within the UK is expected and some overseas travel may be required.
• Experience in working in an engineering, maintenance or air environment
• Formal safety management training including safety performance monitoring and oversight
• Experience as an advanced user in safety reporting tools
• Significant SMS experience including audit experience
• Strong regulatory knowledge
• Relevant degree, or equivalent level of academic performance (preferred, not essential)
• The candidate should possess good communication skills with a proven record in interacting successfully across multi-discipline teams
• Lead Audit Training and experience, preferably to a recognized standard
• The candidate should possess good communication skills and demonstrate the ability to use common IT tools
• The role will have significant UK MoD customer, supplier and wider Boeing interfaces and, therefore, a person who is diplomatic whilst being strong minded is essential
• Experience using the MoD’s ASIMS/DASORs for in-service occurrence monitoring and trending or equivalent Safety Reporting System
• Formal safety investigation training and experience
• Human Factors trainer or examiner / supervisor
• Academic or industry training and/or experience in data analytics e.g. data analysis courses, statistics A level or a degree with statistical elements
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOUR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally