Milestone is currently looking to recruit an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to work closely with members of the Commercial Team in the provision of effective quantity surveying and commercial management support on the Hampshire Highways Service Contract
As a Quantity Surveyor your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Cost and Value management
- Assist with providing commercial and financial reporting information
- Work with the operations team to prepare clear and accurate quarterly forecasts
- Identifying contract variations
- Management and recording of changes including submission and agreement of early warning notices compensation events and quotations.
- Agreement of final accounts
- Understanding Client Budgets and maintaining constant dialog to reach year end targets
- Implement commercial processes to ensure contractual entitlement is realised
- Subcontract procurement and management
- Monthly cost and value reconciliation & management.
- Management of direct reports, to include annual performance review
- Work within strict deadlines required under the contract and required by the company
- Site visits.
- Ensure compliance with Milestone standards and procedures in respect of commercial activities
- Ad hoc commercial duties as job requires.
Skills & Knowledge Requirements:
- Preferably a degree or equivalent level qualification in Quantity Surveying or related construction subject
- Reasonable level of identifiable commercial experience within the construction industry
- Good command and communication of oral and written English
- Good communicator
- Good People/organisational skills.
- Highway maintenance and civil engineering experience preferably with a contracting organisation.
- An Understanding of the NEC suite of contracts
- IT proficient, particularly in MS Office
At Milestone we embrace diversity, opening a rich potential for new ways of thinking and helping us to build successful and winning teams. We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process; and as a Disability Confident employer, if you require any adjustments that would assist you throughout your application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or inform the recruitment manager in the first instance and we will be pleased to offer support.
We also welcome you to ask about the flexibility you need. Anyone who applies for a role can ask about flexibility at interview; whether this is part-time working, home working, or any other alternative. In return, we will explore what is possible for the role.
This is an advert for our job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of Milestone. The closing date for this vacancy may be subject to change any time at the sole discretion of the Business
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this job externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally