Job Title: Continuous Improvement Manager – Electrical
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Circa £50,000
Working Hours: 40 hours
Working Pattern: Monday – Friday
For your application to be considered please attach a current CV.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Why Riverside Property Services?
Riverside Property Services was recently established and is one of the largest in-house service providers in the UK, with offices in London, Liverpool and Manchester.
We’re proud to be part of The Riverside Group family and look after around 45% of Riverside’s stock – that’s over 40,000 properties based across London and the Southeast.
Our Mission is to keep our customers’ homes safe, secure, and well maintained – it’s what we do.
We’re now recruiting for a talented Continuous Improvement Manager – Electrical who’ll play a crucial role in managing the effective delivery of all electrical aspects across responsive repairs service for Group residential properties across London and the Southeast.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy:
Competitive pay & pension
25 days holidays plus bank holidays
Flexible working options available
Investment in your learning, personal development and technology
A wide range of benefits
The difference you will make as a Continuous Improvement Manager – Electrical
We are looking for a Continuous Improvement Manager to supervise, manage and deliver on a day to day basis the requirements of all term briefs within the contract area. You will be responsible for meeting all Key Performance indicators and delivery of innovation and continuous improvement within the areas of responsibility and for all operatives and subcontractors.
You’ll be accountable for developing, implementing, and continually reviewing the delivery plan for required works, ensuring that all plans are aligned to associated programme plans and the organisations Business Plan. You’ll also ensure the invoicing process for subcontracted works is carried out effectively and in line with the Group’s financial controls and commercial arrangements, escalating as appropriate.
As part of this, you’ll make sure that all contractual commitments for third-party providers are embedded, monitored, delivered, and accurately reported on.
With your strong compliance awareness and ongoing focus on continuous improvement, you’ll contribute to the review of existing contracted services, driving innovation and seeking out efficiencies and cost reduction opportunities.
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is positive and friendly. You will have experience in monitoring and controlling work being undertaken to ensure the brief is complete including day to day management of operatives and subcontractors. You will have experience in managing all electrical health and safety requirements.
- To ensure that all electrical work is carried out in accordance with The Electricity @ Work Regulations 1989, BS 7671: 2018, Building Control requirements, and
- Riverside electrical procedures and policies as published on Riverside IMS system
- Inspect & test electrical installations and have the ability to fill in correctly, the appropriate Electrical Certificate Electrical Condition Report.
- Participate in call out cover, if required to ensure contract compliance & service user satisfaction for emergency repairs.
- Ensure that all data protection requirements are met in accordance with Group’s policy, procedures, and statutory requirements.
- Pre and post inspection of work ensuring right first time delivery of quality standards
- Conduct one to ones identifying and implementing and training needs
- Plan allocate and evaluate team and work loads
- Ensure Health and Safety legislation is being complied with
- Ensure costs and workloads are managed
- Promote collaboration with supplier/operatives and sub- contractors
- Identify opportunities for cost control and liaise with
- Operations Manager to implement savings across the contract
- Monitor performance against contract specific requirements and produce performance reports
Attend/conduct meetings with Riverside Group
- Co-ordinate project delivery ensuring timescale and budgets are met and that contractual and legal requirements are fulfilled
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Company from time to time, if these duties are of a greater level of responsibility or skill that those required in the post, then full training and appropriate supervision will be provided
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- NVQ Level 3 Electrical Installation or equivalent (depending on base qualifications)
- City & Guilds 18th Edition
- Inspection and Testing 2391 or equivalent
- Knowledge of repairs and maintenance Health and Safety
- Full driving licence
- Numeracy and literacy sufficient to understand and follow operating procedures.
- Able to use a PDA following training
- High levels of customer care with a “customer first” attitude
- Knowledge of Repairs Maintenance, measured term contracts and schedule of rates.
- Experience of working in Social Housing
- Experience of supervising Operatives and Sub Contractors.
- Experience of working in partnership with a Client, with management experience in a similar operation.
- Trade City & Guilds qualification