Are you a Senior Systems Engineer passionate about supporting whole lifecycle projects from concept, new product development and product updates through to production support and retirement…. If so, this could be your opportunity to join a truly global brand.
Working from our Hemel Hempstead Production site, this is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team to facilitate product growth and development. As a senior contributor, you will be managing multiple projects utilising specialist subcontractors / analysis software as required, to deliver in a fast moving development environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Development of high quality, high demand products sold into a regulated environment.
· Act as a focal point for Systems engineering activities including requirements capture, architectural design, system compliance, design and legislative compliance
· Produce Systems schedule detailing the support activities to be undertaken during the new product design cycle.
· Manage multiple projects utilising specialist subcontractors as required to deliver in a fast-moving development environment
· Develop ongoing informal & formal review of the environmental, safety and operational health of the design.
· Preparation of logistics support information such as Reliability studies, Maintainability & Safety aspects.
· Collaborate as a team member to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
· Estimating tasks and executing work packages within defined scope and budget.
· Technical product support to manufacturing & service
· Actively communicate with senior members within the local engineering team, other disciplines within the department and the wider Smiths Detection community to facilitate the work of the company.
· Responsible for personal health & safety of all that may be affected by your activities, to arrange appropriate risk assessments whilst working internally & externally for Smiths Detection.
You must be qualified in a Software, Electronics, Mechanical or Systems Engineering discipline to degree level or equivalent. We require a collaborative team worker who is individually motivated working well without supervision, and committed to deadlines. Positive mind-set with enthusiasm to succeed is essential.
· You will have a good working knowledge of Systems Engineering techniques including Requirements management, SysML & Use Cases.
· Have an up to date overview of environmental regulations compliance and ESOH awareness
· You must have managed and supervised the work from external technology partners and SMEs related to ILS activities
· Results focused in order to achieve development schedule.
· Work easily across cross-functional project teams and has a good understanding and experience of the Engineering life cycle.
Be a clear communicator, innovator, and analyser
To find out more about life at Smiths Detection check out our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/smiths-detection/life/c58d0d07-ffe6-4a79-aa69-062062454d6d/and follow our story
Join us for a great career and competitive compensation & benefits whilst keeping the world a safer place.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity. We have several employee-led Employee Resources Groups (women@work, Black Employees Network, Veterans, Pride Network) providing support, enhancing career development, and contributing to personal development in the work environment and beyond.
At no time during the hiring process will Smiths Detection, Smiths Group, nor any of our recruitment partners ever request payment to enable participation – including, but not limited to, interviews or testing. Avoid fraudulent requests by applying jobs directly through our career’s website (www.smithsdetection.com/careers)or LinkedIn.