Control Risks is a leading specialist global risk consultancy, helping organisations manage risks, seize new opportunities, and resolve complex issues or crises. The company has 36 offices across all continents and a network of local expert contacts in more than 150 countries, including governments, police, NGOs, banking institutions, media companies and law
enforcement agencies, which can be drawn upon in crisis situations.
Internal audit provides the Executive Team and Board of Directors with material risk insight, evaluation of the control framework, assurance and audit. The Group Internal Audit Director reports to the Group Chief Financial Officer.
Reporting to the Internal Audit Director, this an exciting opportunity for a senior Internal Auditor to join Control Risks. You will help the new in role Audit Director to re-build the function after a period of vacancies, with opportunities to innovate and bring new technologies to the way we carry out audits. The role will work with all areas of the business, including client facing, to bring together individuals with different skills and expertise to help deliver the internal audits.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Independent delivery of audits
- Undertaking risk-based audits at Control Risks locations across the Globe with circa 10-20% travel.
- Assisting the Internal Audit Director with the continued development of the audit approach to ensure quality, value add and relevance. Always striving to be better what we do and deliver excellence.
- Working alongside the Control Risks compliance and Risk teams to deliver a risk based audit plan across our business.
- Evaluating our internal control systems and constructively challenging to drive continuous improvement.
- Working with our Digital Technologies Solutions team to bring new technologies into Internal Audit and deliver efficiency and innovation in our audit plan.
- Being an advisor to the business in defining appropriate processes and internal controls.
- Offering specialist insight, expertise and advice through our unique view of the business.
- Identifying and sharing best practice.
- Establish, maintain and develop stakeholder relationships across the business up to Exec board level, promoting a culture of transparency and openness.
- Undertaking ad-hoc reviews or investigations as required with appropriate sensitivity.
- Preparing clear, concise and insightful reports that meet the needs of our stakeholders.
- Uses the right resources across the organisation to ensure sound judgement of situations which impact region, team and client. Trusted expert and advisor.
- Enthusiasm for internal audit and a desire to do the best job you can.
- Educated to degree level or similar experience. Professional Accountancy or Internal Audit qualification.
- Demonstrable experience within an Internal Audit function.
- Demonstrable knowledge of auditing standards and procedures.
- Strong commercial acumen. Desirable awareness of the sector in which Control Risks operates.
- Exposure to, and broad understanding, of operational and financial systems, processes, risks and controls.
- Solutions focused; able to make decisions which drive high performance and meet client needs, and to balance risks with decision making, being prepared to mitigate risk.
- Tenacity and natural common sense, together with an ability to look for creative solutions to problems.
- Be resilient, self-motivated and accomplished at forming relationships and influencing people at all levels in the company.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use own initiative and be proactive in developing new solutions, both within the team and on audits.
- Be able to demonstrate sound judgement and objectivity. Not being afraid to deliver the difficult messages.
- Ability to work independently as well as being a team player.
- English speaking and written fluency essential. Language skills a bonus but not required.
- The role is based in our London office with a minimum of 3 days a week office/site working.
Career Framework level – Band D. Application closing date for Control Risk employees 5 May 2023
- Control Risks offers a competitively positioned compensation and benefits package that is transparent and summarised in the full job offer.
- We operate a discretionary global bonus scheme that incentivises, and rewards individuals based on company and individual performance.
- Control Risks supports hybrid working arrangements, wherever possible, that emphasise the value of in-person time together – in the office and with our clients – while continuing to support flexible and remote working.
- As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join us and are fully committed to equal treatment, free from discrimination, of all candidates throughout our recruitment process.