Catfoss Recruitment Ltd are currently in partnership with a cutting-edge technology company that is looking to recruit a Project Engineer to their expanding team on a permanent basis.
Building on more than two decades of science led research and development, our client designs and manufactures pioneering power generation technology.
What are we looking for
We have an opportunity for a Project Engineer. This position will play a leading role in all thing’s factory optimisation, with an emphasis on new technology and production engineering improvement opportunities.
The role is focussed on delivering projects which create new efficient processes to increase factory capacity, reduce lead time and increase quality.
The role will involve travel in the UK and abroad. You will be responsible for leading research and development, feeding into future product design for manufacture, engaging with suppliers and detailing business cases for capex projects. The successful candidate will have a proven record delivering capex schemes circa £3 million.
Project Engineer – Responsibilities
* Analyse and evaluate existing systems and processes, identifying value-added and non-value-added activities to solve process design challenges
* Support the definition of the company Production Technology Roadmap
* Work within the Production Engineering department to develop or identify new technologies supporting production targets
* Conduct manufacturing research and development to utilise technology creating opportunities and reduce risk
* Project Management from Proof of Concept to production handover of high-end automation
* Create reports on activities and other elements within your scope
* Lead by example and reflect best practice in everything you do
* Any other tasks within your competency
Project Engineer – Knowledge and Experience
* HNC/HND in engineering discipline. (or equivalent)
* Lean Manufacturing, 5S awareness, Process Mapping, and PFMEA methodology
* Lean Six Sigma, root cause analysis
* Capability analysis of plant and process
* Capex business case generation and project management
* Experience of working within an engineering discipline in a volume manufacturing environment
* Coal face experience within a change management environment, leading Design for Manufacture and new product introduction support
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience delivering highly automated systems within the Automotive industry or similar
* Expert in the fields of robotics, machine vision, controls systems etc
* Proven track record of delivering complete, bespoke production lines both in the UK and internationally
Project Engineer – Skills and Abilities
* Thorough and logical approach to problem solving and implementing change
* Ability to highlight potential opportunities and improvements
* Excellent knowledge of Automation best practises and the latest technologies in that area
* A good level of IT competence in Microsoft packages and any other IT systems as they are identified
* Project driven, with an ability to react in an agile way to change or scope creep
* Ability to communicate at all levels and ensure information is understood and embedded.
* Excellent team player and able to collaborate and influence stake holders
* Positive character and motivational, leading others through the transition from a manual low-tech process to one utilising cutting-edge technology
What can we offer you
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and a wider range of benefits including:
* Share scheme
* Birthday holiday
* Free onsite parking including free electric car charging points
* Cycle to work scheme
* Sodexo discount platform
* Free flu vaccinations
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Wellbeing initiatives
* Life assurance
* Free fruit, tea and coffee
Our success is driven by the exceptional diversity of our people. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting and creating a diverse and inclusive environment where we encourage our employees to learn and grow, fuelled by mutual respect in a place where ideas flow and thrive.
Project Engineer suitable previous job titles: Project Manager, Automation Engineer, Process Engineer, Technical Project Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer
Please apply ASAP
Due to current high volumes of applications to our advertised jobs, we are unable to respond to every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible.