Job Title: Electrical Electronic Engineer
Location: Devonport, Plymouth
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 50220
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Electrical Electronic Engineer at our Devonport site.
As an Electrical Electronic Engineer, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. This is an exciting opportunity to engineer analogue and digital components and systems within the award-winning Gunnery Technical Team and the Electronics Repair Facility (ERF) based at the Combined Weapons Electrical Workshop (CWEW) in Devonport Royal Dockyard. You will form part of a rapidly growing Mission Systems business unit where we provide a Gunnery Centre of Excellence for our customers with a focus on continuous improvement, it’s a great place to develop broad skills and technical knowledge which open many options for career development.
Day to day, you’ll
* Develop design task proposals and requirements.
* Create conceptual and detailed design solutions to improve safety, availability, reliability and maintainability on multi-disciplinary projects.
* Engage with Through Life Support, Production, ERF and Project Manager’s to arrange factory and on-board trials for testing prototype designs.
* Identify areas of improvement for factory processes, tooling and test equipment, with potential of automating manual processes.
Essential experience of the Electrical Electronic Engineer,
* Knowledge of relevant standards for electrical design, qualification and acceptance.
* Knowledge of DEF STAN (UK Defence Standardization) / BS EN (British Standard Engineering) desirable.
* Practical experience with electrical/ electronic systems.
This role is based onsite full time at Devonport.
Qualifications of the Electrical Electronic Engineer,
* Degree, HND or HNC in Electrical/ Electronic Engineering Discipline with demonstrable experience and capability.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.
* Generous holiday allowance
* Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day’s paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working – please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 02/05/2023
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Electrical Electronic Engineer job in Plymouth, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally