Who are Advanced Medical Solutions?
When we say we’re a world leading independent developer and manufacturer of innovative and technologically advanced products for the global advanced wound care, wound closure and surgical markets, we’re not joking. But we’re much more than that…
With over 800 employees across the globe, we pride ourselves on being able to create an engaging and challenging place of work, developing individuals to the best of their abilities, and providing the correct environment to foster innovation, growth and meaningful work.
We’re highly dependent on the creativity of our employees for our future growth and success. Our motto ‘Care, Fair, Dare’ summarises our culture, and defines the principles of how we operate as one team to achieve success.
AMS provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants. We highly value and encourage diversity across our workforce meaning that no one will be discriminated against because of their gender, race, age, nationality, disability, or any other protected characteristic as prohibited by law.
The Winsford maintenance department is currently recruiting for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Technician. We require focused, motivated individual to be a part of the long term future of our maintenance team to progress towards the goal of operational excellence.
The successful candidate will report to the Maintenance team leader and will be responsible for reactive and preventative maintenance across the site both mechanically and electrically, along with completing relevant KPI’s and continuous improvement actions.
What will this role involve?
- To ensure that the Maintenance schedules of all the site equipment are appropriate and adhered to in line with GMP. Ensure all associated requirements are met, inclusive of schedule and performance against maintenance schedules.
- Electrical and mechanical fault finding in a timely manner on a variety of manufacturing machines in different departments.
- Working with cross functional teams across the site on fault finding and continuous improvement projects.
- Responsible for ensuring that all working areas and surrounding areas are compliant to GMP, well-kept and maintained and all tasks are executed in line with standard operating procedures.
- Liaise with production team to understand line and schedule priorities. Working with the engineering team leader to prioritise maintenance activities around production schedule priorities to hit KPI’s.
- Identify and own machine improvement projects
- Working to site health and safety procedures and awareness to raise observations of working areas/conditions.
- To complete all tasks safely and fill in required documentation as per site procedure using good documentation practice (GDP).
What we’re looking for?
- Recognized qualification e.g. HNC/HND or equivalent in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Time served mechanical or electrical engineer.
- Electrical bias role with high degree of mechanical knowledge.
- Previous experience of working in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings and motor control circuitry.
- Hands on knowledge of relevant plant and machinery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High drive and motivation to make improvements to machines and processes within the maintenance department.
- Strong diagnostic skills to Fault find with a practical and logical approach to problem solving. Dealing with breakdowns and resolving issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to work well within a team with a flexible approach.
- Experience of continuous improvement/ world class manufacturing processes.
- Experience of working with manufacturing and quality departments to execute change controls and procedure implementation/improvements.
- Knowledge and understanding of H&S legislation/compliance.
Employment BasisFull Time Location CountryUnited Kingdom Location CityWinsford Applications Close Date12 May 2023