Morgan Hunt is working with an organisation who provide specialise housing and support services to vulnerable people including asylum seekers, ex-offenders, expectant and new mums, people with mental health issues, recovering addicts, survivors of domestic abuse, those who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless and young people leaving care.
We are looking to recruit a Tenancy Sustainment Officer for a supported housing service based in St. Helens. This service is made up of 6 houses across St. Helens that house ex-offenders with multiple complex behaviours. The service provides tenancy sustainment and housing support. This is a Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm role on a temporary ongoing basis.
The role – Tenancy Sustainment Officer
As a Tenancy Sustainment Officer, you will;
* Manage referrals coming in to the service and complete assessments to determine eligibility and needs.
* Devising personalised support plans based on the outcomes of needs assessment.
* Carry a small caseload and deliver individualised packages of support based on needs.
* Provide housing related support for example support with universal credit and housing benefit entitlement.
* Support clients with daily living skills to develop independence and the ability to sustain a tenancy
* Advocating for and accompanying clients to appointments and meetings when required
* Maintaining close contact and good relationships with other housing providers and organising in the area
* Liaising effectively with statutory, non-statutory and voluntary agencies
* Keeping full and clear records of progress using IT systems
* Support in the facilitation of group sessions
The candidate – Tenancy Sustainment Officer
* Experience of supporting vulnerable and chaotic client groups
* Experience of managing a caseload and completing risk and need assessments.
* Experience of facilitating group work sessions
* Experience of working with external stakeholders and organisations
* A driving license is required due to the travel involved within this role.
* Due to the nature of the role an Enhanced DBS is required dated within the last 12 months or on the update service.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.