Wolf & Badger is on a mission to make retail fair. Working to support our community of 2000+ independent designers from around the globe, we connect customers with ethically sourced fashion, design, home and beauty through our online marketplace and flagship stores in London, New York City and Los Angeles. We are a rapidly growing scale-up business, entering an exciting new phase of growth and looking to expand our team of c.115 people currently located between London, Málaga, New York and Los Angeles. We are a Certified B Corporation, with social and environmental purpose at the core of everything we do, read more about us here.
We are currently seeking an experienced e-commerce BI Engineer to help build up the business intelligence function and advance our use of data and insights throughout the organisation. You will work across teams to process and connect data, generate insights and drive growth during an exciting phase of rapid development and international expansion.
You will be a person that thrives in building and constantly improving systems, understanding business requirements, developing strategy, solving complex problems and building robust solutions for a dynamic, growing ecommerce business.
You will need to develop a deep understanding of the objectives of the business and the goals of various teams. You will be working to maintain and improve our data visualisation tool, Looker, in order to assist with accurate reporting and guide business decisions. You will also work with other existing and new tools such as Algolia, Google Analytics, Segment, DBT, BigQuery and more to leverage data and insights. In addition to this, you will work with our in-house product and engineering team to better understand our users and improve our own proprietary technology including data and analytics dashboards to help our brands and customer base grow.
The successful candidate will have :
- 4+ years of experience working on the data layer of fast growth businesses
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- Experience working with PostgreSQL or another relational database system
- Experience in setting up ETL processes from scratch using Python
- The ability to analyse data to produce actionable insights
- A high standard for data accuracy and documentation
- Confidence in manipulating large data sets
- Experience of people management – you will be managing 1 employee initially
You may also have:
- A BSc/MSc in computer science, engineering or another quantitative field
- Data science experience
- A background in e-commerce and/or digital marketing
- Experience with merchandising tools and A/B testing
- Experience with paid marketing feeds and Meta/Google products
- Competitive starting salary of £50-55k depending on skills and experience
- Flexible hybrid working policy with access to a creative work environment within a gorgeous multi-purpose retail, food, events and office environment
- Equity! Share options to participate in and benefit from our growth as a business
- Meaningful work! We are a proud B-Corp which is leading the change in responsible retail – for people and planet.
- 25 day holiday allowance in addition to bank holidays
- Paid ‘pet-ernity’ and heartbreak leave
- Generous sick leave allowance to support physical and mental wellbeing
- Corporate ClassPass membership credits to use on exercise classes, wellbeing and beauty treatments
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts across Wolf & Badger online and in store
- Excellent career opportunities in a rapidly growing international business
Wolf & Badger is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates.