Senior Residential Worker
At Action for Children, we’re dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. We actively encourage applications from Black, Asian & Minority Ethnicities and disabled candidates as they are under-represented within Action for Children. We want to take deliberate and purposeful action to ensure equal opportunity to all groups in society and for Action for Children.
Salary: Circa £24,400 per annum.
Location: Bath, Somerset.
Contract/Hours: Permanent, Full-time, working 37 hours a week.
- Basic annual leave of 29 days PLUS bank holidays
- Up to 5 more days leave for continuous service PLUS the option to buy another 5 days every year!
- Flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages.
- Up to 7% employer pension contribution.
- Staff discount portal with your favourite brands.
- Blue Light Card eligibility with 15,000 discounts from national retailers.
Development and Career Progression
- Work towards gaining your Level 5 Diploma, fully funded and supported by us!
- Clear pathways for progression into roles such as Team Leader, Service Co-ordinator, Home Manager or Area Manager.
- Our Operational Director, Kate, began her career as a Play Worker. Have a look at her Career Progression blog attached.
Why Action for Children?
We are one of the UK’s largest children’s charities – you may have seen us featured in a well-known Christmas TV advert for 2022. One way we support young people is through fun-packed short breaks in small residential homes located in local communities. You could soon be a valued member of our team at Beaumonds Residential Short Breaks in Bath.
At Action for Children we pride ourselves in being collaborative and inclusive. Are you passionate about changing the lives of children and young people to give them the best possible future?
A bit about the role
Beaumonds provides quality short breaks for children with disabilities aged 8-18 years old. We provide a nurturing and fun environment in which young people feel safe and free to gain a sense of their own self. Your skills, passions and interests could help us to continue achieving this. Whether it’s being a whizz on the PlayStation, creating origami animals or exploring nature you can inspire our children.
You will lead a team of staff in supporting the children with their day-to-day personal needs. Working with your team and the children to assess individual needs to develop tailored care plans. You will help to maintain a safe and fun environment for both staff and children within the home and whilst out and about in the community.
Let’s talk about you
Are you resilient and have a positive approach to change and challenge? We are looking for someone with a ‘can do’ attitude to join our team. Ideally you will have:
- Experience of leading shifts in a care role.
- Minimum Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent.
- Experience and training in safeguarding.
- An innovative and creative approaches to problem solving.
Good to know
If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with the job description, we’d love you to apply anyway. You might just be the perfect person for this role, or another role within the Action for Children family.
Application Process: There are five sections to complete: Personal Details, CV, Supporting Statement & Information, Equality & Diversity, Submission & Declaration.
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Senior Residential Worker job in Bath, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally