This post is a part-time hours) 1 year fixed term contract.
Central London Community Healthcare Trust is a large community trust working in collaboration with SW Merton PCN to recruit one dynamic and innovative clinical pharmacist at a senior level.
If you enjoy supporting patients’ with their medicines, improving medication safety and quality of care, enhancing operational efficiencies or want to make an impact in a primary care setting then this could be the post for you.
Main duties of the job
This is a fixed term position for 1 year for a Clinical Pharmacist to work within South West Merton (PCN). The Pharmacist will be working within an established Pharmacy Team which consists of 3 other Pharmacists within the PCN. Based on the nature of the role they will be working both autonomously and within a wider multidisciplinary team alongside GPs, Paramedic, Physician Associate, Mental Health Practitioner, Physiotherapist, Wellbeing Coaches, patient care coordinators and extensive and experienced admin support. The post holder will develop and manage medicines optimisation services within the PCN. They will perform face-to-face structured medication reviews as well as supporting GP practices within the PCN on ensuring robust medicines management processes are in place through clinical audit, review of medicines incidents, training and supporting clinical governance.
Central London Community Healthcare (CLCH) is one of the largest community healthcare organisations in London and Hertfordshire, providing our services to diverse communities/boroughs in 11 London Boroughs – Barnet, Brent, Ealing, Hammersmith & Fulham, Harrow, Hounslow, Kensington and Chelsea, Merton, Richmond, Wandsworth, Westminster – and Hertfordshire.
Just as we care about our patients’ wellbeing, we care about yours!
We can offer you:
- A comprehensive induction into the community service followed by a local induction to introduce you to the role
- Single occupancy accommodation in Central London – (we can help you find accommodation in London, support you with your deposit)
- Car lease scheme *T&C’s apply
- Flexible working options
- Annual travel card loan
- Training, support and development in your career
As an NHS trust, we are committed to equal opportunities and ensuring equality and diversity in the workplace.
We have a number of staff networks: Disability and Wellbeing Network (DAWN), Race Equality Network and the Rainbow Network which supports LGBT+ staff. Each network has a champion who is an executive director at the Trust and they hold regular meetingsto discuss issues andmake plans to improve CLCH .
17 April 2023
Agenda for change
£53,703 to £59,796 a year Per Annum inclusive of HCAS
The Nelson Health Centre
- To provide clinical pharmacist support to South West Merton PCNs within Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust (CLCH).
- To provide pharmaceutical support to health care professionals (HCPs) and patients within the PCN.
- To conduct face-to -face or remote structured medication reviews for patients in the clinic, practice setting, patients homes or within care homes.
- Support long term chronic disease management through polypharmacy review or specialist medicines optimisation prescribing clinics Diabetes/Asthma/COPD patients.
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for full roles and responsibilities
- Undergraduate Degree in Pharmacy
- Professional registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Completion of CPPE Primary Care Pharmacy Education Pathway
- Independent prescribing qualification
- Takes personal responsibility for Continuing Professional Development as evidenced by portfolio
- Uses reflective practice for personal and professional development
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).