Are you looking for an opportunity to advance your career in an innovative and challenging role? Then please read on to find out how University Hospitals Birmingham is leading the way in cancer care across Birmingham and Solihull.
1 in 4 people in the UK are living with Cancer. Therefore it is essential that we support our patients and their families to deliver the best care we can. The Long Term Plan set out by NHS England in 2019 was to ensure every person diagnosed with cancer will have access to personalised care, including holistic needs assessment, a care plan and health and wellbeing information and support.
The post holder will establish a vision for patient involvement to ensure the voice and experience of people living with cancer are heard and have influence in the development of services and support offered to patients. You will be responsible for developing and implementing systems for data collection and analysis of patient views, and developing education and training requirements based on user feedback from staff, patients and the public.
In return, you can expect a warm and friendly welcome from the Cancer and wider UHB Team — where our values of Kind, Connected and Bold underpin everything we do.
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can; support staff through a wide variety of training and development opportunities, to support their personal and career development objectives.
Main duties of the job
Could you fill this role?
Cancer Services and the newly established personalised care team are passionate and focused on improving the experience for patients and relatives. This post is pivotal to embedding a culture of responsiveness, turning listening into action and supporting a range of Personalised Care improvement initiatives. We are looking for someone who can support this vision.
*Use professional skills and knowledge to continuously assess the communication, educational and information needs for patients and their families to ensure needs are met; ensure instructions/information are understood.
*Observe changes in patient’s attitude, behaviour and emotional state and report findings as required. Be mindful of own and others body language and barriers which may affect communication.
*Display sound professional judgement in dealing with on-the-spot issues which arise, which may be high-level and complex.
*Communicate and work effectively with patients, carers, internal and external stakeholders and partner organisations.
We are recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognise that we need incredible staff to do this.
Our commitment to our staff is to create the best place for them to work, and we are dedicated to:
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can;Offer our staff a wide variety of training and development opportunities, to support their personal and career development objectives.
UHB is committed to ensuring that our staff are treated fairly and feel that they belong, by creating a kind and inclusive environment. This is about equity of opportunity; removing all barriers, including discrimination and ensuring each individual member of staff reach their true potential, achieve their ambitions and thrive in their work. This is more than words. We are taking action. Our commitment to an inclusive culture is embedded at all levels of the organisation where every voice is heard, driven by our diverse and active staff networks, and at Board level by the Fairness Taskforce led by our CEO. We nurture a culture which empowers staff to challenge discriminatory behaviours and to enable people to bring their ‘whole self’ to a kinder, more connected and bold place to work.
08 April 2023
Agenda for change
£41,659 to £47,672 a year
Full-time, Flexible working
*Please Note : For a specific detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*
- *Degree level qualification
- * Evidence of Masters level study or equivalent demonstrable experience supplemented by specialist training, experience, short courses or equivalent related to cancer or patient experience
- *Evidence of continuing professional development.
- *Sound knowledge of national; regional cancer strategy and key objectives around the Living with & Beyond Cancer and Cancer Personalised Care Agenda.
- *Experience/working knowledge of the National Cancer Patient Experience Agenda.
- *Specialist knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- *Knowledge of patient experience compliance requirements CQC, Quality Accounts, duty to Involve etc.
- *Substantial experience of working in a healthcare environment.
- *Experience of working with patients and service user groups to understand lived experience focus groups, patient survey.
- *Able to act as a patient advocate and provide support outside of engagement events which support the interest and welfare of patients.
- *Experience of influencing and negotiating with staff of all grades/professionals groups.
- *Experience of leading improvement projects.
- *Experience of leading/delivering change.
- *Understand issues and policies around equality and diversity.
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Apply For This Job
You can apply for this Band 7 Macmillan Cancer Patient Experience Manager job in South Tyneside, England, UK externally via the button below.Apply for this job externally