Salary: £34,105.45 per annum plus Veolia benefits – Weekly Pay
£4.47 Daily meal allowance
Single person allowance – Earn an extra £34.22 daily when you complete over 110 bins
Hours: 48 hours per week – 4 am starts finishing around 14.30 pm
Working 5 out of 7 days (rota pattern)
Some days you may be asked to start later so you must be flexible with working hours.
Location: Widnes, WA8 0TH
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone.
With one of the largest growing fleets in the UK, our drivers are pivotal to delivering essential services. They work hard to serve their local communities and make a positive impact every day.
Whether you’re looking to overhaul the industry, or just do a good day’s work, we know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment, and contribute to our inclusive culture.
What we can offer you;
- 22 days of annual leave
- Refer a driver to us once you’ve joined and earn £1000
- Access to our people’s pension scheme
- Free physiotherapy service
- Discounts on everything from groceries to well known retailers
- Access to a range of resources to support your physical, mental and financial health; so you can lean on us whenever you need to
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, allowing you to reach your full potential
What you’ll be doing;
- Driving to planned collection locations and moving / emptying multiple waste containers.
- Lifting bins of all weights and sizes so you are always on the go!
- Completing daily checks of the vehicle as per our driver operator handbook.
- Using onboard technology to complete work notes.
- Complying with all traffic laws and legislation including security and weight of loads.
- Ensuring that the carriageway is left in a clean condition and any spillages are cleaned up.
What we’re looking for;
- Class 2 (Cat C) licence
- Up-to-date CPC
- Digi / Tachograph card
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We want to ensure that you feel supported throughout the application process and provide reasonable adjustments where necessary and requested. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application and interview process please do not hesitate to let us know.
Here at Veolia, we’re proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.