IntraHealth Ltd delivers immunisation and vaccination services for NHS England across several areas in the UK. Our immunisation and vaccination service has been running for 9 years and forms part of our established clinical services in the North of England.
IntraHealth are recruiting Registered Nurses to join our Immunisation & Vaccination Team across the Lancashire area.
Main duties of the job
Successful candidates will work autonomously, but also as part of the wider team and be assisted by admin support within the school setting whilst delivering immunisations and vaccinations to primary school children. Travelling to schools is an integral part of the role, therefore we require applicants to have a driving licence and have access to a vehicle.
Employees are required to follow the safety measures that will be in place as appropriate and will undertake a risk assessment.
IntraHealthis one of the UKs leading provider of NHS Primary and Community Care services.We serve a range of patients across our three divisions of Primary Care (generalpractice), Pharmacy and Clinical Services which includes anticoagulationmonitoring, patient medication reviews and childhood immunisation programmes.
We alsoprovide management and clinical support to other GP practices and NHS bodies. We are awell-established organisation having provided NHS services since the companywas founded in 1999. Our team is made up of GPs, Advanced NursePractitioners (ANPs), Nurses, Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, Health CareAssistants (HCAs) and local administration teams supported by a centralisedback office function; providing finance, HR, administration and data analysissupport.
We operateNHS services across the North East, North West and Yorkshire.
20 April 2023
Full-time, Part-time, Flexible working
IntraHealth Imms Office
The Immunisation Nurse works as a member of the Immunisation Team, delivering nasal and intramuscular flu and other vaccine programmes within community and educational settings in accordance with Department of Health Green Book against Immunisation and Local Services Specifications.
The role will involve working closely with the administration team and school staff.
Provide safe delivery of a quality immunisations service.
To identify, prioritise and implement programmes of care that meet the needs of the patients.
To take into account risk and its effective management consent, side effects.
Take responsibility for CPD and keep up to date with current practices and research-led developments.
To identify and report all new problems and concerns to the Locality Lead Nurse;
Work towards PGDs and PSDs.
- The Immunisation Nurse will communicate effectively with other team members;
- The Immunisation Nurse will communicate effectively with parents, carers and school staff.
Delivering a quality service
- Recognise and work within own competence and professional code of conduct as regulated by the NMC;
- Work in a manner that maintains and promotes quality, working as a team and alongside admin to organise and manage school workload.
- Support and participate in shared learning and networking across other immunisation teams;
- Understand and apply legal policy that supports the safeguarding of children and adults.
Act as lead clinician on immunisation sessions.
Work with administration team and school staff at immunisation sessions.
Management of risk
- Ensure safe storage, rotation and disposal of vaccines and drugs.
- Ensure use of appropriate transporting and storage of items, following the cold chain procedures.
- Practise infection-control measures according to local and national guidelines.
- Work in accordance with GDPR policy.
- Ensure all patient records are clear and recorded accurately and stored as per procedures.
- Understand the responsibility of self and others regarding the Freedom of Information Act.
Learning and Development
Undertake all mandatory and statutory training requirements.
- Be responsible for own learning needs and continuing professional development.
Equality and Diversity
- Ensure all staff are working to all appropriate equality and diversity procedures.
Health and Safety
- The post holder is required to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work. The post holder is also required to co-operate with their employing body to ensure that statutory and departmental regulations are adhered to.
- Current Registered nurse with NMC
- Up to date CPR & anaphylaxis training
- Foundation immunisation training
- Evidence of professional development
- Working alone and as part of a team.
- Working with school aged children
- Safeguarding children level 2
- Experience of delivering travel vaccinations and childhood immunisations
- Supervision of Health Care Assistants.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).