** We are now offering a £1,200 Welcome Payment! **
An excellent and rewarding job opportunity has arisen for a PSV Mechanic to join Arriva London, based at Brixton Garage.
As a PSV Mechanic, your role would involve carrying out planned and preventative maintenance along with diagnostic fault finding and reactive repairs to a fleet of commercially operated London buses, to the strict standards set by both Arriva, and the DVSA (Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency).
What Arriva can offer you:
- Opportunity to earn up to £50,000 plus pa
- £1,200 Welcome Payment!
- Circa £400 Guaranteed Christmas Payment
- Annual Performance Based Bonus up to £140
- Refer a friend scheme worth £500
- Overtime at enhanced rates
- On the job training & development – High Voltage Level 1-4 /EV training, roadside assistance, IRTEC accreditation & diagnostics training
- Free travel on TFL operated transport links (Bus/Underground/London Overground/DLR/Tramlink) for you and a nominee
- We will train you and upgrade your licence to drive a bus!
- Access to the Arriva Village – Retail discounts and offers worth up to £1,200 per year
- Arriva Wellbeing Support and Annual Health Screening
- 20 days plus bank holidays (Rising to 25 after 5 years’ service)
- Arriva Workplace Pension
- Full PPE and Workwear provided
The role will involve:
- Servicing, maintenance, inspection and repairs to Arriva and DVSA standards
- Continuous improvement of vehicle reliability
- MOT preparation, planned preventative maintenance campaigns and quality checks
- Vehicle fault diagnosis and ensuring reliability and maintenance is kept to Arriva Standards (Higher than DVSA)
- Various working shift patterns available – Please get in touch to discuss hours that suit your lifestyle
- Qualifications for PSV/ HGV/ Light vehicle maintenance and repair – Minimum of NVQ level 2 or any equivalent international qualification (will require confirmation)
- If you are not qualified, applications will be considered from candidates with at least 5 years’ experience in repair and maintenance of PSV/ HGV/ Light vehicle
- A full UK driving licence (6 points or less)
- Ability to be passed fit for a PCV pre-employment medical
APPLY NOW to join the Arriva London team to help deliver our vision of providing clean, sustainable and reliable transport services to our customers for a greener future.
At Arriva we acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.