Sexual Health Specialist Nurse (Band 7)
Sexual Health Clinic at Guildford in Surrey
The Surrey Integrated Sexual Health & HIV Services at Guildford is looking to recruit a motivated and enthusiastic registered nurse. The successful applicant will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills along with the ability to work and lead effectively a multidisciplinary team within an innovative sexual and reproductive health require an individual who is forward thinking, well organised with a positive attitude towards flexibility and change.
Main duties of the job
The post holder will ensure that they provide a gold standard patient focused service and will be required to:
- Have the necessary clinical skills to deliver nurse led sexual health clinics providinga high standard of care to symptomatic patients
- Deliver all forms of contraception including Intrauterine Contraception and Sub-dermal implants
- Have the ability to manage vulnerable patients
- Mentor and support other nurses and Health Care Support Workers within theservice
- Be a Nurse prescriber or willing to train
The post is full-time but consideration will be given to suitable candidates who wish to work part-time with a minimum of per week.
We are committed to offering you an environment to flourish which includes dedicated development opportunities as well as a healthier work life balance. We will offer you;
- Flexible shift working , Part-timer or Condensed hours to provide a healthy work-life balance;60/40 work split allowing time to work from home.
- Commitment from the team to develop you by offering coaching and in-house development sessions such as Preceptorship Workshop, Leadership programmes, ACP modules and CBT-P training.
- Free access to our Staff and Wellbeing service to ensure that you are always looking after yourself.
- Commitment to career mapping to ensure continuous professional development including opportunities within the Trust.
- On-site shadowing opportunities including HTT, Psych Liaison and many more.
- An opportunity to work with a friendly, dynamic, passionate and diverse team who are committed to looking after each other as well as their patients.
- Excellent staff benefits : our benefit packages are amongst the best in London and include: childcare vouchers, health and wellbeing services, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, blue light card, discounts at Nando’s and Superdrug, mobile phone contracts and much more!
- Award-winning Staff Networks
- Hidden Gem & annual award ceremonies
05 April 2023
Agenda for change
£43,574 to £49,587 a year per annum inc. Fridge (pro rata if p/t)
2nd Floor, 61 Lawn Road
Key Role Functions
Health Promotion and Disease Prevention (Public Health)Management of / provision of care for quality standardsWorking collaboratively and in partnershipBeing accountableRespecting diversity and equityProfessional development of self and othersLeadership, management and team working
Please see Job Description for detailed information
- RGN (NMC Sub-part 1 Adult branch)
- University certificate or equivalent in Sexual Health training
- nDFRSH/University Certificate in Contraception/ Reproductive Health or equivalent recognized training
- LOC SDI or equivalent qualification
- LOC IUT or equivalent qualification
- Independent Nurse Prescriber or willing to train
- Certificate in mentorship course
- Evidence of continuing professional and personal development
- Substantive experience of working in Sexual Health
- Experience of working to PGDs
- Experience of working in a client centred environment
- Experience of delivering evidence based clinical care
- Experience of working with client groups from a diverse ethnically mixed background.
- Successful budget management/participation
- Experience of working at an advanced practitioner level
- Experience of projects/service development
Certificate of Sponsorship
Applications from job seekers who require current Skilled worker sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. For further information visit the UK Visas and Immigration website (Opens in a new tab) .
From 6 April 2017, skilled worker applicants, applying for entry clearance into the UK, have had to present a criminal record certificate from each country they have resided continuously or cumulatively for 12 months or more in the past 10 years. Adult dependants (over 18 years old) are also subject to this requirement. Guidance can be found here Criminal records checks for overseas applicants (Opens in a new tab) .
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).